Palenque Archaeological Site Tour
Visit the archaeological site of Palenque, inscribed on the World Heritage list by UNESCO. Your full-day tour includes guided visits to the Temple of the Inscriptions, the Temple of the Foliated Cross, and the palace belonging to Maya royalty. Round-trip hotel transport and admission fees are included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica de Palenque
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zona Arqueologica de Palenque, Carretera a Palenque- Zona Archaeologica Km. 8, Palenque 29960 Mexico
After pickup from your hotel in Palenque city, you will travel to the archaeological site of Palenque. Located in the middle of lush vegetation, the UNESCO World Heritage site served as one of the most important ceremonial centers of the Maya culture during the Classic period. Almost 200 years before the pre-Columbian ruins were discovered in the 18th century, the nearby city was named by the Spanish — a literal translation of the Ch’ol word otulún, which means fenced or fortified place.
On arrival, follow your guide and listen to informative commentary. You'll visit the Temple of the Inscriptions, the site's largest pyramid where the tomb of the great Maya ruler Pakal was found. See the royal palace and the Temple of the Foliated Cross. If there is enough time, you'll also explore cultural exhibits at the museum.
(Approximate duration from 2 to 3 hours)
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Palenque Archaeological site for the moment has a schedule from 10:00 am to 03:00 pm
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.