Palermo Street Food Walking Tour
Welcome to the top ranked food tour in Italy based on TA reviews! Join a relaxing street food walk around Palermo with a young passionate local guide. Take a journey through the scents and flavours of Capo and Vucciria markets and explore their backstreets where real Palermitan soul resides. See some of the top attractions along the way like Teatro Massimo and Piazza San Domenico. Taste the best selection of daily street foods, such as ‘arancine’ (stuffed rice balls) and ‘panelle’ (chickpea fritters), as well as a local wine and seasonal dessert (cannoli or ice cream) but also some challenging sample like the renowned "pani ca' meusa" (veal offal sandwich). This tour is limited to 10 participants, ensuring you an open interaction with the tour guide, the local vendors and the other travelers. It's a tourist-trap free experience designed for real foodies! We are the most experienced food tour company in Italy. On this tour we hosted Rick Stein, Paul Hollywood and many other celebs!
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed Local Guide
- Snacks - Street food samples, light aperitif and seasonal dessert (replaces a full meal)
- Alcoholic Beverages - 1 glass of beer, 1 glass of wine
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Extra Foods/drinks or seconds, unless specified (water is not included. However, it can be purchased in any cafè along the walk)
- photo service
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Teatro Massimo, Piazza Giuseppe Verdi, 90138, Palermo, Sicily Italy
Meet your guide and the other travellers
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Capo Street Market, Via Cappuccinelle, 90138, Palermo, Sicily Italy
walk among the benches of the food market guided by a local expert. Take bites and learn about local culture
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: La Vucciria, Via Coltellieri 46, 90133, Palermo, Sicily Italy
Have a toast with locals in an old bar, try some challenging food and learn about modern history facts
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Chiesa di San Domenico, Piazza San Domenico, 90133, Palermo, Sicily Italy
Orientation point: tips and directions
Pass By: Via Maqueda, 90133, Palermo, Sicily Italy
Cross the touristy area and keep backstreeting with your local guide
Stop At: Ex Real Fonderia alla Cala, Piazza Fonderia, 90133, Palermo, Sicily Italy
summer tour ends with ice cream in the best gelateria downtown
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Massimo Theater, Piazza Verdi, 90138 Palermo PA, Italy
Return Detail :Piazza San Domenico, Piazza S. Domenico, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- WAITING POLICY: We have a strict ten minute waiting policy at the meeting point. We don't guarantee a second chance to meet the group once the tour has started.
- DRESS: comfortable walking shoes, sunhat, personal bottle of water
- ACCESSIBILITY 1: This tour is not suitable for travellers with limited walking or standing capacity.
- Seats aren't available at every stop, the tour involves a lot of standing (1,1 Km / 0,7 miles)
- ACCESSIBILITY 2: Vegan and Gluten free options are not available.
- Tour runs rain or shine. please dress accordingly.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We have reduced the maximum number of participants in group tours (10). We have reduced the risks of food contamination. We ensure the respect of safe distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.