Panama Canal Partial Tour - Southbound Direction
• Be the protagonist in your Panama Canal Tour
• Navigate through the Miraflores and Pedro Miguel Locks.
• Enjoy the action of the Panama Canal's operation.
• Get indulge in history dating more than 100 years old!
• Experience the Panama Canal in the comfort and spacious M/V Pacific Queen.
• The M/V Pacific Queen offers two areas for better comfort: opened and air conditioned decks
• Meet our Captain Claudio and the Panama Canal's pilot in our open Bridge.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Roundtrip hotel transfer
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages - (available for purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Panama Marine Adventures, Flamenco Marina, Amador Causeway, Panama City 0812 Panama
Our check in point is at Flamenco Marina, located on the last island of the Amador Causeway. It is right next to the Panama sign and behind the Duty Free Shop.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Centennial Bridge, Pan-American Highway, Panama City Panama
Panama's Centennial Bridge is a major bridge crossing the Panama Canal. It was built to supplement the overcrowded Bridge of the Americas and to replace it as the carrier of the Pan-American Highway. Upon its opening in 2004, it became the second permanent crossing of the canal.
Pass By: Panama Canal, Panama City Panama
Our tour starts at the Flamenco Resort and Marina. Passengers board motor coaches for a 45-minute ride to the town of Gamboa where the Panama Canal Dredging Division is located. Once in Gamboa, passengers board the Pacific Queen to start the water portion of the tour. The Panama Canal partial transit tour begins at the north end of the Gailard cut, where the Chagres River flows into the canal. The Gaillard Cut (also known as Culebra Cut because its curves resemble a snake) is one of the main points of interest for visitors because it was carved through the Continental Divide and this section of the Canal is full of history and geological value. The Pacific Queen will travel the Cut's 13.7 kilometers on the way to Pedro Miguel Locks. As you transit the Cut you will be able to appreciate the continuous maintenance that this area requires, because it is very susceptible to landslides.
Before reaching the Pedro Miguel Locks at the southern end of the Cut, you will be able to view the Centennial Bridge which crosses over the Canal. Next, the Pacific Queen will enter Pedro Miguel Locks, which is one of the two sets of locks on the Pacific side, and here the vessel is lowered 9 meters in one step. You will then enter Miraflores Lake, which is a small artificial body of fresh water that separates Pedro Miguel from Miraflores Locks, the latter being the final set of locks before reaching the Pacific Ocean. At Miraflores Locks the vessel is lowered 18 meters in two distinct steps.
Once in the Pacific Ocean the vessel will sail to the beautiful Flamenco Marina where passengers disembark. On the way to Flamenco, you will pass under the Bridge of the Americas, and later, you will be able to admire the Bay of Panama and Panama City's splendorous skyline.
Pass By: Bridge of the Americas, Balboa, Panama City Panama
The Bridge of the Americas is a road bridge in Panama, which spans the Pacific entrance to the Panama Canal. Designed by Sverdrup & Parcel, it was completed in 1962 at a cost of US$20 million, connecting the north and south American land masses.
Departure Point :Fuerte Amador. Resort & Marina, 084300762, Panamá, Panama
Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not listed, please let us know so we can recommend the nearest at walking distance.The exact pickup time will be informed on the day before of the tour through the Viator extranet around 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm. You can also contact us at this time.
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 120 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We have shoe sanitizing mat before boarding the vessel.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.