Panama Canal Partial Transit Boat Tour
The Panama Canal, a true engineering marvel, awaits you for this partial tour as we adventure through the Pacific locks of the Panama Canal that will involve approximately 5 to 6 hours. You will navigate, in addition to the entire entrance to the Panama Canal, the locks at Miraflores and Pedro Miguel, living the experience of the raising and lowering of our ship above and below sea level.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Soft drinks
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Amador Causeway (Calzada de Amador)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Amador Causeway (Calzada de Amador), Av Amador, Panama City Panama
Know locally as just “The Causeway”, which is another oceanfront boardwalk area ; Naos, Perico and Flamenco Island. These islands are connected by a road (The Causeway) that was constructed using the material extracted during the original construction of the Canal.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Bridge of the Americas, Balboa, Panama City Panama
You will, as well, get an excellent view of the Pacific entrance to the Panama Canal and the majestic Las Americas Bridge. The importance of this bridge can not be overlooked as not only does it connect Panama City with the rest of the country but more importantly is one of the two bridges which cross the Panama Canal and effectively create the connection between North and Central America with South America.
Pass By: Panama Canal Tours, Flamenco Marina, Panamá, Panama
We pass through the Pacific entrance to the Canal out into Panama Bay you will notice the formidable skyscrapers the fill the skyline over Panama City. Likewise we´ll get an excellent view of the group of island outside the bay which form a natural protection for the Canal entrance.
Pass By: Miraflores Visitor Center, East Side of the Miraflores Locks, Panama City Panama
You will be inside the Miraflores locks, you will see how the ship will rise 9 meters above sea level. The Panama Canal, one of the world’s engineering marvels, awaits you in this partial transit voyage through the locks on the Pacific side of the canal on an approximately 5 to 6 hours journey. You will navigate the entire Pacific entrance to the Canal and the locks at Miraflores and Pedro Miguel where you will experience how our boat is either raised above sea level or lower down to sea level.
Pass By: Chagres River, Gamboa Panama
When the tour boat journey begins at the north we depart from Gamboa which is located at the northern entrance to the Corte Culebra. The Corte Culebra section of the Canal is known by this name because of the similarity of its curves with those of a snake (Corte=Cut. Culebra=Snake). This is also the point in the Canal where the Chagres River flows into the Canal. This is actually one of the most interesting sections of the canal as it was cut through the solid rock formation which constitutes the Continental Divide, giving this section of the canal grand historic and geographic importance. The giant Chagres River feeds fresh water to maintain the Canal operation, our tour boat will traverse the entire 14 kilometers which comprise this unique section of the Canal on our way to the locks at Pedro Miguel, there, at Pedro Miguel, you will observe the entrance to the newly inaugurated third set of locks on the Canal through which the post-panamax mega-ships now pass.
Departure Point :Amador Causeway, Calz. de Amador, Panamá, Panama
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour may be canceled by the Panama Canal Authority, due to weather conditions, for the safety of passengers. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- All passengers must contact us one day before the tour to reconfirm the exact time of check in, as the time may vary. Departure Time: Generally the tour departs in the morning between 6:00am and 10:00am, although it is the Panama Canal Authority who assign the exact departure times for the ships. It is for this reason that we request passengers to email us the day before you tour so that we can confirm the exact time of your tour. Departure times do vary, and the Canal Authority communicates to us one day in advance the axact time of our scheduled departure.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Ministry of Health orders the mandatory use of face masks throughout the country. Tour will have a maximum capacity of 30% of visitors.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.