Paris Walking Tour: Christmas Food and Decorations
Envelop yourself in Paris' festive Christmas flair on this 3-hour walking tour of the French capital. Marvel at the lavish holiday decorations of Galeries Lafayette, admire seasonal window displays throughout Paris' Art Nouveau shopping district, soak up rooftop views over the city, and browse Christmas shops for local treats and souvenirs. French Christmas traditions revolve around food, so you'll enjoy tastings of Parisian treats such as foie gras, oysters and macarons with Champagne. Your tour size is limited to eight to ensure personalized attention from your guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Food tastings (such as oysters, foie gras, macarons, éclairs)
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 glass of Champagne or dessert wine
- Entry/Admission - Galeries Lafayette Paris Haussmann
- Entry/Admission - 8th Arrondissement
- Entry/Admission - Galerie Vivienne
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- A city for all seasons, Paris holds new surprises around every corner year-round, but there’s a certain je ne sais quoi about the French capital at Christmas that makes it extra special. Start soaking up Paris' Christmas charm at the famous Galeries Lafayette, where your guide will meet you in the morning for a 3-hour tour.
Enter the beautifully illuminated department store, bustling with Christmas shoppers, and admire its opulent interior perfectly appointed with elegant Christmas décor. Inside, head to a food hall to enjoy some oysters with white wine — a typical French pairing — followed by a sweet treat such as macarons or an éclair. Browse the shop's selection of cheeses, caviar, foie gras, chocolates, gingerbread and more, and purchase anything you please.
Breathe in the crisp winter air as you hit the streets, strolling past festively decorated, Art Nouveau facades of Paris’ high-end shops and boutiques. Follow your guide up to a rooftop viewing deck for breathtaking views over the city. Back on street level, head to a Christmas decoration shop to browse trinkets and souvenirs for friends and family back home.
Venturing through the 8th arrondissement, pause at La Madeleine to learn about the history of this famous Roman Catholic church, built in honor of Napoleon’s army. Continue down winding streets and passageways lined with shop windows decked out in festive finery. Poke in and out of quaint food and tableware shops for which the area is known, and on Passage Vivienne, duck inside a traditional wine bar to enjoy a tasting session of fine foie gras with Champagne or dessert wine. You'll feel like a true Parisian!
After three hours admiring Paris' Christmas ambiance, end your tour near the Louvre.
Departure Point :Galeries Lafayette, central Paris
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Concludes near the Louvre Museum
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The minimum age to drink alcohol is 18. Children will be offered non-alcoholic drinks.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.