Parma Hillside Private Food Tour and Tasting
Don’t just visit the Parma hillside, taste it! Emilia is truly stunning! We will explore picture-postcard villages, vine-planted hillsides, rolling countryside. Parma hillside food trail is a mouthwatering showcase of artisan producers and foodies throughout the Parma hillside. We are passionate about food heritage, its artisan-producers' stories and the skill and innovation of its chefs. History, art, legend and folklore form the perfect blend of adventure in the Parma hillside. We will visit a Parmigiano Reggiano cheese dairy during the production process and taste different ageings of Parmigiano Reggiano. We will head to a Prosciutto plant crossing the amazing Parma hills region. We will discover the secrets of the sweetness of Prosciutto di Parma visiting all the rooms used during the production process and tasting it. We will end with a stroll through the gorgeous mediaeval hamlet of Torrechiara and a visit to the castle, still perfectly preserved in the imposing architecture.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese dairy admission fee
- Prosciutto di Parma Plant admission fee
- Tasting of 12 months, 24 months and 36 months old Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Tasting of Prosciutto di Parma and traditional cured meats such as Culatta and Fiocco
- Castle of Torrechiara ticket
- A glass of exquisite DOC Parma hills wine
- Bottled water
- Professional local guide
- Option 1 includes Transportation
- Entry/Admission - Castello di Torrechiara
What's excluded :
- Option 2 does not include Transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Consorzio del Formaggio Parmigiano Reggiano, Via John Fitzgerald Kennedy, 18, 42124 Reggio Emilia RE, Italy
We will visit an authentic Parmigiano Reggiano cheese dairy and the visit will be followed by tasting.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Langhirano, Langhirano, Province of Parma, Emilia-Romagna
We will head to a Prosciutto plant crossing the amazing Parma hills region. We will visit a plant where famous Prosciutto di Parma is produced and the visit will be followed by tasting. We will discover the secrets of the sweetness of Prosciutto di Parma visiting all the rooms used during the production process: the salting area and machines, the first and the second salting, the preresting, the resting, the washing, the precuring and the curing rooms. The visit will be followed by tasting of Prosciutto di Parma and traditional cured meats with a glass of DOC Parma hills wine.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Castello di Torrechiara, Strada del Castello, 43013 Torrechiara, Langhirano Italy
We will end with a stroll through the gorgeous mediaeval hamlet of Torrechiara and a visit to the castle, still perfectly preserved in the grand and imposing architecture, located near Langhirano in the middle of a vast wine area characterised by gentle slopes and rolling hills. If you want to discover the heart and soul of the Parma territory, this tour was made for you!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :The Space Cinema, Largo Sergio Leone, 7/A, 43124 Parma PR, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-up and drop-off is included in the "Price including transportation" option. When Travelers select the "Self-Drive Price" option, we'll see them at the Departure Point.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Available for gluten free with prior notice. Please advise when booking.
- Not available for vegans and vegetarians.
- Your health is our top priority and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity.
- Stringent Cleaning - We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests.
- Social Distancing - Guests will keep at all time the minimum safety distance in accordance with the instructions given in each place visited. We also ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE.
- Guides and suppliers receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.