Partition Museum Tour in Amritsar
The Partition Museum is a world class museum dedicated to the memory of the Partition of India, one of the most defining events in India’s history. Your private guide will take you on a two hour tour of this unique museum.
• Partition Museum
• Memories and stories of their struggle
• Private English Speaking Guide
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - The Partition Museum
What's excluded :
- Additional Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Partition Museum, Town Hall, Amritsar 5 minute walk from Golden Temple, Amritsar 143001 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in Amritsar with your local English Speaking guide in a private air-conditioned vehicle for your drive to the museum.
This unique museum is dedicated to the memory of the Partition of the subcontinent in 1947 - its victims, its survivors and its lasting legacy. In one of the greatest and most painful upheavals of contemporary history, over twenty million people migrated to a new homeland on the other side of a quickly demarcated border, leaving behind precious memories. In August 1947, when independence was granted to the former imperial domain of British India, it was partitioned into two nation states, India and Pakistan. The drawing of the boundary proved to be the biggest cause of fear, uncertainty and eventual death and destruction. Thousands of families suddenly found themselves strangers in the land where they lived for generations.
After your visit to the Partition Museum, you will be escorted back to your Hotel in Amritsar.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Amritsar, Amritsar, Amritsar District, Punjab
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Raja Sansi Airport, Amritsar India
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.