Pashupatinath Aarati Trip from Kathmandu
One of the most mesmerizing rituals at Pashupatinath Temple is the Pashupati Bagmati Aarati.
Aarati is a ritual of worship in which light from wicks soaked in ghee (purified butter) is offered to God. Pashupati Bagmati Aarati follows three priests conducting the custom with oil lamps, lanterns and other religious elements by chanting sacred mantra.
The priests perform the Aarati by taking oil lamps and moving them in circular motion and dedicating their act to the Divine. Bhajan (songs with religious theme) are sung by devotees during the Aarati, creating blissful surrounding. The Aarati starts at 6 pm every evening. Monday is considered the right day to worship Lord Shiva ensuring a large number of followers that day. This is a ritual that allows everyone to be a part of it and creates an environment of union of God and the devotees. Aarati is marked by hailing for the wellness of every living soul and thanking God for his kindness.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transfer
- Pick up and drop off service
- Guide fee
- Entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Pashupatinath Temple
What's excluded :
- Any meals
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pashupatinath Temple, 44621 Pashupati Nath Road, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
4:30 pm: Your expert Guide for this trip will pick you up from your Hotel’s Lobby and drive for Pashupatinath Temple.
5:00 pm: You will reach the temple and enjoy some sightseeing.
6:00 pm: The arati starts at 6 pm onwards. Enjoy and feel the arati and feel the atmosphere there. Learn and hear about Hinduism, history and myths related to Pasupatinath, arati from your guide at the same time.
8:00 pm: Depart for your Hotel and your trip ends.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick up service from Hotels inside Kathmandu city.
Departure Time :4:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- We offer pick and drop off service from Hotels inside Kathmandu city ring road. For hotels outside ring road you need to pay additional charge.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.