Pastorela in Tepotzotlan from Mexico City
Live one of the most beautiful traditions of the Christmas season: the Pastorelas de Tepotzotlan
For more than 50 years, Tepotzotlan has been dressed in lights, is filled with the smell of ponche and tamales, with colors of piñatas and its streets listen to litanies and songs of pastorela.
You will enjoy the staging with that touch of comedy that characterizes the pastorela. Pastorela is a comedy with shepherds, who want to arrive to Belen to worship baby Jesus. Angels come to help them to arrive but Satan comes with other minor devils who want to interfere and confuse the good people. At the end the good triumphs on the devil.
After of Pastorela, a procession through the square, pyrotechnics show, piñatas to break and traditional dinner (tamales, coffee, pozole, pambazos).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- We will pick you up at your hotel at 03:00 p.m. to go to Tepotzotlan, one of the Magical Towns of Mexico, where we will have a walk through the town center to learn about the pastorelas and their origin in Mexico.
At 06:00 p.m. we will take the access line to the Pastorela, which takes place in the hostelry of the former novice school of Tepotzotlan, now the National Museum of the Virreinato.
While the staging goes on, you will enjoy the traditional ponche, a sweet drink made with seasonal fruits. After the Pastorela, the tradition is to make a tour of the plaza, called procession representing the Virgin Mary and José asking for an inn.
At the end of the procession, we will enjoy a pyrotechnic show and a delicious dinner that includes different typical dishes: pozole, pambazos, buñuelos, coffee and traditional sweets.
There are also piñatas full of sweets to break, each peak of the piñata represents a sin, so breaking it means ending evils and sweets represent blessings.
At 10:00 pm we will return to the CDMX, the arrival time depends on traffic conditions and weather.
Departure Point :Hotels located Zona Rosa, Reforma, Zocalo y Polanco
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Organised by Paseos Turisticos, Tour Operador Tepotzotlan