Pedal Board Costa Rica
This is an innovated board that will take you for about two hours gliding across the calm and peaceful waters of Lake Arenal that sits at the foot of the breathtaking Arenal Volcano, just outside of La Fortuna.Your professional guide will provide a commentary to your group, pedaling towards the Arenal Volcano and pointing out interesting wildlife that you may find on the shore or birds flying overhead. Halfway through the tour, we’ll pull up on shore and take a break, having a chance to go for a swim, take photos, and enjoy some refreshments.
per adult from
240 to 270 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Light refreshments
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- If you are a nature and adventure enthusiast you will be thrilled to try Costa Rica’s newest and most sought after water activity in Costa Rica.
After a 30 minutes’ drive, from la Fortuna of San Carlos, we will arrive at our tour start point, the Lake Arenal, located close to the Arenal Volcano.
Once your professional tour guide provide you the safety speech, you and your group will be ready to start this unique experience.
This Pedal Board tour will take you gliding across the calm and peaceful waters of Lake Arenal that sits at the foot of the breathtaking Arenal Volcano, just outside of La Fortuna.
Although it sounds familiar to Stand Up Paddle Boarding, it is very different. In fact, the board is powered by the strongest part of your body, your legs, and allows you to grasp the firm handlebars for balance, making this activity easy and fun for people of all ages.
You will be so close to the volcano that you can see the details of the dried up lava flow from its last eruption decades ago. It has since been active but is currently dormant, with no signs of lava flow in years.
This peaceful freshwater lake is surrounded by large rolling hills, farmer’s fields, and the impressive Arenal Volcano, you will have a big chance to observe out interesting wildlife that you may find on the shore or birds flying overhead. Halfway through the tour, we’ll pull up on shore and take a break, having a chance to go for a swim, take photos, and enjoy some refreshments.
Departure Point :Embarcadero 1, Provincia de Alajuela, San Carlos, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children 3 and younger are not allowed.
- Children must be 09 years or older and weigh at least 66 pounds (30 kg) to go on their own board.
- Pedal boards have a maximum capacity of 265 pounds (120 kg). Each pedal board can hold 1 adult and 1 child under 08 years
- If you are pregnant or have back, neck, joint, any heart condition or muscular problems, you should carefully consider whether to participate.
- At least 2 adults are required for this activity to take place.
- Maximum group size is 10 people.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located La Fortuna hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- All passenger heights MUST be provided at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be provided at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.