Pedaling Excursion Through Southern Coastal Line of Tangalle
Set off on a cycling tour to explore the hidden gems of the countryside of Tangalle. You will cycle to an archaeological temple; visit local market and meet the locals there; cycle through the paddy cultivations and coconut plantations during this 5-hour cycling expedition with Beyond Escapes.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop-off in Tangalle by cycles
- Service of an English-Speaking Cycling guide
- Safety equipment
- Back-up vehicle
- Bottled water
- Government taxes
What's excluded :
- Expenses of personal nature
- Gratuities (Recommended)
Meet your cycling guide at your hotel lobby in Tangalle.
Start your cycling expedition. Firstly, Cycle to Mulkirigala rock temple – an attraction of heritage travelers. The Mulkirigala temple is constructed in massive natural rock and it is surrounded by a thick forest. This temple has been recognized as an archeological site due to the amazing sculptures and paintings there. The inscriptions at the temple proclaim that the temple was a monastery complex which dates back to 2000 years. Explore the twin caves, statues, paintings, small rock pool are some of the attractions similar to the Dambulla cave temple. Once completed the temple visit, continue your cycling trip to witness behind the scenes of Tangalle. You will cycle through paddy fields; coconut plantations and cinnamon cultivations and get to know about the indigenous farming methods. You will also witness many bird species and land monitors in river-banks whilst enjoying the tour. Stopover at small food huts to enjoy some local snacks and refreshments during your cycling tour.
You will cycle back to your hotel once finished the tour with wonderful memories!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Tangalle hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Children 10 Years and younger are not recommended.
- This activity is subject to cancellation based on inclement weather. Activity can be rescheduled, or the payment could be refunded.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- You should wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes.
- You must be able to ride a bicycle on your own.
- If you have back, neck, joint, or muscular problems, you should carefully consider whether to participate.
- If you are pregnant or with limited mobility, you should not take part.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.