Pella and Vergina Full-Day Tour from Thessaloniki
Enjoy a full day trip (10 hours) back in history to two of the most important archaeological sites of northern Greece. Set out on a guided magical journey through time visiting Pella, the glorious kingdom of ancient Macedonia and Vergina, the ancient first capital of the Kingdom of Macedonia.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by luxury bus
- Professional and licensed guide
- Pick-up/drop-off from designated meeting points
- All taxes
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (20 Euro per person)
- Lunch & drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site at Pella
- Entry/Admission - Museum of the Royal Tombs of Aigai (Vergina)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Archaeological Site at Pella, 39 km west of Thessaloniki Greece
Depart at 8:30am in the morning for the village of Pella, the birthplace of Alexander the Great, and visit the archaeological site and the museum. The excavations have brought to light the interesting findings of the ancient city, exhibited at the local museum. You will certainly be impressed by the outstanding mosaic floors that used to decorate the city's grand mansions – the most famous are the ones depicting the Abduction of Helen, Rapture, the Amazonomachy (the battle of Amazons), and the Deer Hunt.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Museum of the Royal Tombs of Aigai (Vergina), Imathia, Vergina 590 31 Greece
Departure to Vergina, the ancient capital of the Macedonian Kingdom, where nowadays is one of the most beautiful museums of Greece. Visit the museum, which contains the royal tomb of King Phillip the 2nd, Alexander the Great’s father, along with golden and other artifacts of an incredible beauty and value. Free time for lunch (optional) and return to Thessaloniki at approximately 6:30pm.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Besides central located hotels, we offer pick up service also from Aristotelous, Galerious Arch, Corner West Saloon (Leoforos Vasileos Georgiou) and Everest (Prasina Fanaria).
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.