Penang City Tour & Temple Including Penang Hill Tickets (Fast Lane)
Explore the Penang city which is rich in history as it is in culture, tradition and diversity by Penang City Tour. Visit Wat Chayamangkalaram Temple, Dhammikarama Burmese Temple, Streets of George Town - UNESCO World Heritage Site. Then proceed to Penang Hill and visit Kek Lok Si Temple, Guan Yin.
- Harmonious temple bestowed with gifts from Chinese emperors
- Picturesque funicular train ride to the top of Penang Hill
- Spectacular views of Georgetown & roundtrip transportation
- Relaxing environment at 2,700 feet (833 m) above sea level
- Chance to view the largest Buddhist temple in Southeast Asia
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Ticket for Penang Hill Train, Kek Lok Si Temple, Inclined Lift
- English speaking Driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Penang Hill
- Entry/Admission - Kek Lok Si Temple
What's excluded :
- Food and Drinks Unless Specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: George Town, Malaysia
Your tour begins with pickup from your hotel at Georgetown on time for a 10am departure. Meet and greets our friendly driver at the hotel lobby and proceeds for your tour.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Reclining Buddha Wat Chaiyamangalaram, 17, Lorong Burma, George Town, Penang Island Malaysia
Your driver will pick you up from your respective hotel to proceed with the City Tour where you will visit Wat Chayamangkalaram Temple, Dhammikarama Burmese Temple, Streets of George Town - UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Penang Hill, Jalan Stesen Bukit Bendera Air Itam, George Town, Penang Island 11500 Malaysia
Then you will also visit Penang Hill where you will ride a funicular train to its peak at 833m above sea level to enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of Georgetown and mainland Butterworth. Colonial bungalows can be found around this hill due to the British preferring to stay in a cooler climate compared to the hot and humid environment in the city.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kek Lok Si Temple, 1000-L, Tingkat Lembah Ria 1, Air Itam, Penang Island 11500 Malaysia
After that, you will visit Kek Lok Si Temple. Built in 1891 as a small shrine, it has since expanded to become one of the most majestic and largest temples in South-East Asia. Since its founding in 1930, the “Pagoda of Ten Thousand Buddhas” is considered one of Penang’s most beautiful architectural wonders as it is able to incorporate 3 cultures into one structure – Chinese octagonal base, Thai middle tier and Burmese Crown. A 30.2m Guan Yin – Goddess of Mercy bronze statue was erected in 2002 on the highest point of the temple. It can be reached via an Inclined lift at the middle. On the way, we will stop for some free sampling of Penang’s famous White Coffee/ Tea at Coffee Tree and also at Crown Pewter for demonstration – Witness how Malaysian handicraft is made.
End of the tour return to your hotel in an air-conditioned vehicle.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :George Town, Penang, Malaysia
Traveler pickup is offered
Free hotel pick up & drop off from your hotel located at George Town City Centre (1km radius).An additional surcharge for hotel pickup outside 1km radius from the city center is applicable and payable on the day of your activity.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.