Penang Temple with Penang Hill & The Habitat Tour
Penang is not only well known for its rich cultural heritage. It also has no shortage of and natural scenery; the island is a fusion of forests, lakes and beaches. Penang Hill is a hill resort comprising a group of peaks on Penang Island, Malaysia. A world away from bustling Georgetown, The Habitat Penang Hill is a fascinating introduction to the Malaysian rainforest, with walking trails, a canopy walk, tree top walk, and an entire garden devoted to fragrant plants. Enjoy a spectacular panoramic sunset view.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English speaking driver
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Kek Lok Si Temple
- Entry/Admission - Penang Hill
- Entry/Admission - The Habitat Penang Hill
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kek Lok Si Temple, 1000-L, Tingkat Lembah Ria 1, Air Itam, Penang Island 11500 Malaysia
Your driver will pick you up from your respective hotel at 2.30pm to begin this exclusive tour to Kek Lok Si Temple
Built in 1891 as a small shrine, it has since expanded to become one of the most majestic and largest temples in South-East Asia. Since its founding in 1930, the “Pagoda of Ten Thousand Buddhas” is considered one of Penang’s most beautiful architectural wonders as it is able to incorporate 3 cultures into one structure – Chinese octagonal base, Thai middle tier and Burmese Crown. A 30.2m Guan Yin – Goddess of Mercy bronze statue was erected in 2002 on the highest point of the temple. It can be reached via an Inclined lift at the middle.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Penang Hill, Jalan Stesen Bukit Bendera Air Itam, George Town, Penang Island 11500 Malaysia
After that, you will also visit Penang Hill where you will ride a funicular train to its peak at 833m above sea level to enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of Georgetown and mainland Butterworth. Colonial bungalows can be found around this hill due to the British preferring to stay in a cooler climate compared to the hot and humid environment in the city.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Habitat Penang Hill, Bukit Bendera, Penang Island 11300 Malaysia
Continue your journey into Habitat Penang, hidden on the top of Penang Hill. A forest reserve since 1911 turned into an unforgettable nature trail through the lush tropical rainforest which is 130million years old.
Catch one of the best views of Penang Island and the mainland with golden rays of sunlight shining down on the rainforest from Curtis Crest Tree Top Walk. Enjoy an evening stroll in pure nature while the sounds of the jungle light up the beauty of the rainforest at night.
Start your journey with our Guided Nature Walk led by our specially trained team of Naturalists before ending your walk at Curtis Crest just in time for sunset. Enjoy the beauty of the setting sun from the highest viewing point on Penang Island on top of Penang Hill before ending your experience with a Guided Night Walk through our Nature Trail by lantern light.
If you are lucky you can catch a glimpse of our night residents including the Colugo or Flying Lemur, Giant Flying Red Squirrel, Tarantulas, Penang Gecko, and several species of frogs and other invertebrates. Listen to our hooting Owls and the many other animals that come out at only at night.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up all travelers from Penang City Hotel or Beach Hotel only.
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.