Pere Lachaise cemetery Private tour
Pere lachaise used to be a Jesuit priest confessor of Louis XIV (The Sun King). The cemetery was created at the time of Napoleon on this former Jesuit base. Originally we just had 13 graves. Today Pere Lachaise is one oft he most famous cemeteries in the world. It houses more than 69,000 tombs. It is also the biggest green space in Paris where locals like to stroll. A visit at Pere Lachaise is a great opportunity to speak about celebrities like Molière, Jean de la Fontaine, David, Chopin, Oscar Wilde, Edith Piaf or Jim Morrison…If your private guide does not live in the cemetery he lives next to it and will share with tons of stories about these famous (and less famous) people.
Having a private tour you will be able to ask all the questions you wish and choose the focus you prefer for your tour (the most famous tombs, architecture, artists, writers, politicians, love stories, ….)
per adult from
What's included :
- Private tour with local expert
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pere-Lachaise Cemetery, 8 Boulevard de Menilmontant, 75020 Paris France
Pere Lachaise is one of the most famous cemeteries in the world. With more than 40 hectares It is as big as the Vatican. It houses more than 69 000 tombs. Many artists, writers, musicians are buried there: Molière, Edith Piaf, Jim Morrison, Chopin, Balzac, David, Oscar Wilde…
This private tour is a great opportunity to speak about their career & life in Paris.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Père-Lachaise, 75020 Paris, France
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Boulevard de Ménilmontant, Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.