Petrópolis - The imperial city
Many tourists do not know that at less than two hours drive from Rio there is a small and wonderful city at an altitude of 800 meters that is worth knowing. This is Petrópolis, called "the imperial city" because in the nineteenth century Emperor Pedro II had made this place his summer residence. With this tour I want to present you some of the most important places in the city: the Quitandinha Palace, the Praça da Liberdade, the imposing Saõ Pedro Cathedral, the Imperial Palace, and the home of Santos Dumont, the father of Brazilian aviation. But Petrópolis is much more than all this: we will visit the ancient Bohemia beer factory and cannot miss a walk in the Via Thereza, where there are dozens of clothing stores with very advantageous prices. Not to mention the Christmas period, when the city lights up with splendid decorations and offers musical performances and shows every day that have made it famous throughout Brazil.
Petrópolis will amaze you!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- The entrances to the historic buildings visited
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Petropolis, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro
A fascinating tour along all the main historical, artistic and commercial points of the wonderful "Imperial City"
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up throughout the Sul area, downtown and Barra da Tijuca. For other areas, a supplement may be requested on the rate.Airports
- Santos Dumont Airport, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
- Porto di Rio de Janeiro
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The measures adopted follow the indications provided by the Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Health. The procedures relating to the use of masks may undergo changes and at the time of booking all the updated procedures provided for by the Brazilian rules will be indicated.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.