Phong Nha cave and Dark cave depart from Phong Nha
The cave is called the dark cave because it is made of mostly basalt in addition to limestone. The basalt is a black hard rock, giving it its dark name. Basalt and limestone surrounding you, you squished through the passage using only your headlamps.
Activities: Muddy bath, zip lining, swimming, kayaking, soft caving and walking.
By the time we got through the passage, you are covered in mud and ready for another swim. This time you can go further into the cave, where the width was probably 100m and the depth is deeper than anyone could touch. As you swim, you have to duck under huge stalagmites and balance between limestone columns to get to the next big opening.
One the way back, everyone turn out his or her lights during the long swim stretch and you can swim in darkness. It is surreal. Probably the coolest things you have not done
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Tipping, all service not mentioned in the itinerary and VAT 10%
- 9.00am Our car and tour guide will pick up guests at hotel in Phong Nha, you will explore the most impressive Phong Nha caves (50 km about the city, 45 minutes driving). Come to Phong Nha cave, take a couple hours to see the cave. This cave is called as River cave, is famous for its rock formation.
12:00 Lunch at local restaurant in Phong Nha
13:00 - 16:30 visit Dark cave (located in Phong Nha - Ke Bang National Park, 20km about Phong Nha cave, 65 km about Dong Hoi and 1h10 minutes driving) at the rest of the day.
Dark cave was the true experience, kayaking over the river to get there, walking through the dark with only the head touch on your mining helmet, having a mud fight in the mud baths deep in the cave and then washing clean with a swim in the lake inside the cave.
17:15 Back to Dong Hoi. Tour ends
Departure Point :Phong Nha
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What to bring:
- swimming wear and towel.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.