Pictures & Impressionism
Put our steps exactly in those of Monet, Renoir or Pissarro. Immerse yourself in the mysteries of chemistry. Accept constraints, rules and procedures without guarantee of success. This experience allows you to forge a new grid for reading Impressionist works
per adult from
What's included :
- 24 x 36 SLR cameras (one per participant), development material and chemical kit for films (baths and baths). Enlargers (1 for 2) & chemical kit for printing on paper.
What's excluded :
- Ilford HP5 black and white film 24 x 36
On the pattern each participant will be equipped with a 24 x 36 (Nikkormat) reflex camera loaded with a 36-up black and white film.
In the darkroom at Veules-les-Roses, the trainees have complete film development equipment (development and chemistry tanks), paper prints (enlargers, paper & chemistry).
First session: Getting started with film cameras. Shooting session, depending on the tide and sunshine, on the Impressionist Motifs (Varengeville, Pourville or Dieppe).
In Veules-les-Roses, one of the most beautiful villages in France, development session of negatives in darkroom (setting in turn for the most skilled in the dark, chemical treatments).
Second session: In Voulles after drying the films report on a contact sheet. Drawing of the best proofs on baryta paper (enlargement, chemical treatments).
Conclusion: New grid for reading an impressionist painting with the key: time.
• église de Varengeville-sur-Mer, Route de l'Eglise, 76119 Varengeville-sur-Mer, France
Departure Point :67 La Saline, 76740 Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.