Pingxi and Jiufen Day Trip from Taipei with Sky Lantern Experience
Take a step back in time with a full day tour of Jinguashi, Jiufen, and Pingxi, three charming northern Taiwan towns renowned for their charm, history and culture. Jinguashi is famous for its gold mines, so naturally we'll be bringing you inside one on the tour (the gold is long gone, alas, but you're free to look). Jiufen is the inspiration for the Miyazaki classic Spirited Away, so expect to be similarly enchanted as we wander the narrow cobblestone streets. And Pingxi is where Taiwanese people go to send their wishes into the heavens, literally, with the help of lanterns. (We'll teach you how, so bring a few wishes along).
Just a stone’s throw away from bustling Taipei, this tour will allow you to bask in the different old world atmospheres of three beautiful towns, take in astounding scenery and learn about Taiwan's cultural heritage.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Lesson in sky lantern creation (1 lantern per 2 people)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jinguashi 13 Ruins, Ruifang Dist., Ruifang, New Taipei Taiwan
Learn about the history of Jinguashi
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Yin Yang Sea, Shuinandong, Ruifang, New Taipei Taiwan
See the unique “Yin-Yang Sea” of the Shuinandong Area
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Shifen Old Street, Pingxi, New Taipei Taiwan
Create and release sky lanterns in Shifen, watching your wishes float skyward.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gold Waterfall, Jinshui Highway, Ruifang Dist., Ruifang, New Taipei Taiwan
Visit the spectacular Golden Waterfall
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Chiufen (Jiufen Old Street), Jishan Street, Ruifang, New Taipei 22450 Taiwan
Exploring Jiufen (lunch at guest's expense)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Taipei 101/World Trade Center Station, 110, Taiwan, Taipei City, Xinyi District, Section 5, Xinyi Rd, 20號B1
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Visiting Jiufen's old street includes walking up and down several flights of stairs. Please take this into consideration before booking this tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- For "Hotel pick-up included option"(Departs on everyday): a minimum of 2 passengers is required to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements.
- For "No hotel pick-up option"(Departs on Friday to Monday): a minimum of 6 passengers is required to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements.
- Exact pick-up time and tour guide’s contact number will advised two days before tour departure
- We will do our best to accommodate individual travelers by placing them on tours with other guests. In the event an individual traveler cannot be so accommodated, guests will be offered an alternative tour of equal value or full refund.
- There will be a 100% charge for no-shows that is defined as arriving 15 minutes late.
- In the event of inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances, MyTaiwanTour reserves the right to alter tour itinerary.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.