Pisa and Cinque Terre Day Trip from Florence by Train
Spend an unforgettable day exploring Pisa and the enchanting Cinque Terre region on this must-do tour from Florence, offered to people between 18 and 45 years old, with train transport included. Get up close to Pisa’s premier sights including the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the Duomo. Then, fall in love with the iconic architecture of the UNESCO-listed Cinque Terre villages. Enjoy a picture-perfect snapshot of old-world Italy as you traverse Riomaggiore’s winding streets, tuck into local produce on Via dell’Amore, marvel at Manarola’s pretty houses, and relax on Vernazza’s charming beaches.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking tour leader
- Stop in Pisa to allow you to visit the leaning tower
- The best of Cinque Terre: Riomaggiore, Manarola and Vernazza
- Info about the region and sites
- Entry/Admission - Stazione di Firenze Santa Maria Novella
What's excluded :
- Entrance to the Tower of Pisa
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stazione di Firenze Santa Maria Novella, Piazza della Stazione 1, 50123, Florence Italy
Meet your expert guide at Santa Maria Novella train station in central Florence, then hop aboard an air-conditioned train to Pisa. Sit back and relax as you enjoy your scenic ride out of the city, arriving in Pisa approximately an hour later.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Leaning Tower of Pisa, Piazza del Duomo Piazza dei Miracoli, 56126, Pisa Italy
On arrival, follow your guide to the Field of Dreams (Piazza dei Miracoli), a verdant expanse home to the city’s most important sights: the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Baptistery and the Duomo.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Piazza dei Miracoli, Piazza del Duomo, 56126, Pisa Italy
With 1.5 hours here spent at your leisure, perhaps pose for photos by the Leaning Tower and, depending on availability, head inside for a guided tour (own expense). Alternatively, make for the Duomo (own expense) to marvel at its carved pulpit by Giovanni Pisano, or head inside the Baptistery (own expense) to test the unusual acoustics.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: La Spezia, La Spezia, Province of La Spezia, Liguria
Just under 1.5 hours later, find yourself at La Spezia train station, where you’ll catch a local train to the historical village of Riomaggiore.
Stop At: Riomaggiore, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italian Riviera, Liguria
Wonder at the tightly packed pastel buildings as you stroll along the cobbled streets with your guide.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vernazza, Vernazza, Cinque Terre, Italian Riviera, Liguria
Continue by train to Vernazza, a seaside town that surrounds a tiny, natural port. Alight your train, then enjoy free time to soak up the sun on the pretty beach, or dive into the cooling waters for a swim.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Manarola, Manarola, Cinque Terre, Italian Riviera, Liguria
Your final stop is Manarola, a tiny village that is said to have more grapevines than any other Cinque Terre village. Wander along the harbor and spend a few minutes snapping photos of the picturesque buildings that cascade toward the sea.
Duration: 50 minutes
Pass By: Florence, Florence, Tuscany
After, make your way back to La Spezia or Pisa aboard the train for the return trip to Florence, where your tour concludes.
Please note: Via dell’Amore is closed to the public due to landslide damage.
Departure Point :Piazza della Stazione, 3, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- In high season ( June, July & August ) due to the popularity of the villages, the trains could be very crowed and hot, be prepared.
- This tour is not suitable for people with walking disabilties and to those sensitive to the heat
- It is recommended to wear comfortable clothes
- In summer it is recommended to bring hat, sun cream, bottle of water and swimming suit
- In winter it is recommended to bring a rain jacket in the event of bad weather
- The tour is in English only
- Minimum age allowed on the tour is 18 years - no kids
- Maximum age allowed on the tour is 45 years
- We are not strict with the age limit and people older than 45 BUT younger than 50 are always welcome as long as they are young in heart and have no walking disabilities and are happy to be with younger people. Our Tour Operator has a general audience of college students, backpackers, solo travellers, etc... that often fall into this category. The tour is more fast-paced, budget-minded and are made for travellers to meet and connect with other passengers of the same age from all parts of the world who share the same interests, lifestyles and traveling styles.
- Please note:
- Due to a landslide which occurred at the end of September 2012, Via dell’Amore is closed
- In the event of a national train strike or train delays, the tour operator is not responsible of the disservice of the trains. In the event of national train strikes the tour could be cancelled
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.