Pitti Palace: The Royal Palace of Florence
The Pitti Palace - Palazzo Nuovo as opposed to the Palazzo Vecchio, Old Palace - is where the Medici, and later the Lorraine Grand-Dukes made their homes. If we include the Kings of Italy, three reigning dynasties lived here.
Impressive interiors, state rooms and bright frescoes are waiting for you at the Pitti Palace. You will find here one of the best painting collections of Florence, with masterpieces by Raphael, Rubens, Titian and Caravaggio.
The Palatine Gallery at the Pitti Palace still has the character of a private collection. Items are in the same places they occupied during the Lorraine Period. The placement reflects their personal tastes rather than the now usual chronological museum disposition.
The tour includes a walk through the Royal Apartments and the Museum of the Treasure of the Grand-ducal family. Big and small, all extremely precious, the objects on display are in such quantities that it might be even overwhelming!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Palazzo Pitti
- Entry/Admission - Tesoro dei Granduchi
What's excluded :
- Tickets, earphones and whisperers
- Entry/Admission - Galleria Palatina in Palazzo Pitti
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galleria Palatina in Palazzo Pitti, Amici di Palazzo Pitti Piazza Pitti 1, 50125, Florence Italy
The Pitti Palace - Palazzo Nuovo, as opposed to the Palazzo Vecchio, is where the Medici and later the Lorraine, Grand-Dukes made their home. During a 5-years period when Florence was the Capital of Italy, the king of Italy lived there too. This impressive building now houses beautiful museums, and the best that is the Palatine Gallery, the private grand-ducal collection of painting.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Palazzo Pitti, Piazza Dei Pitti 1, 50125, Florence Italy
The tour also includes a walk through the Royal Apartments, where the Kings of Italy lived, and a museum of Treasures, situated at the left wing of the Palace, the summer residence of Grand-ducal family, which now contains "rare and precious objects" from the Grand-ducal collections.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Tesoro dei Granduchi, Piazza Dei Pitti 1, 50125, Florence Italy
Now known as the Treasury of the Grand Dukes, this is a collection of silver and other objects from the granducal collection.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza de' Pitti, 10R, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Please consider that pickup times vary depending on the distance between your hotel and themuseum and could vary from 10 to 40 minutes. Please contact me so we can agree a pickup time.I will meet you at the hotel lobby.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/9/2018 - 12/23/2021
Tuesday - Sunday: 08:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer and temperature control is provided at the entrance of Florentine museums and churches by the relevant authorities. In case of high temperature the traveler will be refused entrance. Whisperers are mandatory, and will be charged extra.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.