Pittwater Discovery Kayaking Tour
Only an hour away from Sydney, explore bushland and beaches in the national park at Pittwater. Departing from our marina location on kayak, discover the sandy inlets, cliffs and gum trees of the western foreshore of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park – accessible only by water! Kayak around Scotland Island and drift down Salvation Creek past the mangroves, before paddling into secluded Lovett Bay for morning tea. Take in the tranquil surroundings while feasting on a picnic-style spread of fresh fruit and pastries. Choose to take a dip in the inviting waters or pop on your walking shoes for a bush walk among the gum trees. The destination? A hidden rainforest waterfall above Lovett Bay. Your experienced local guide will share in-depth knowledge on the region and its native flora and fauna. After a blissful time on the water, you’ll be ready to return back to shore with unforgettable memories!
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Morning tea including fruit and pastries
- Kayaking Guide(s)
- Double sit in kayaks, Personal Flotation Devices and paddle
What's excluded :
- The listed price does not include parking fees, however free parking may be available. Please allow additional time to secure parking.
After a half hour equipment orientation, we begin our approximately 1 1/2 hour paddle northward, around Scotland Island and into Lovett Bay, exploring Salvation Creek at high tide. Stopping at a little beach, we take a half hour bush walk to Lovett Bay waterfall and then enjoy a mid morning snack. Our return paddle is a leisurely hour paddle home.
• Paddlecraft Kayaks, 1714 Pittwater Rd, Bayview, Pittwater, New South Wales 2104 Australia
• Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, New South Wales Australia
Departure Point :1714 Pittwater Rd, Bayview NSW 2104, Australia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and minimum age is 12 yrs old. Each child or teen will need (1) adult each per double kayak.
- Bring a hat, sunglasses, comfortable quick-drying clothes suitable for the weather and a change of clothes for the trip home. Depending on the season, dress for both sun protection and warmth knowing all attire can get wet. This experience includes both kayaking and a short bush walk. Suitable footwear is recommended.
- The experience provider reserves the right to cancel the experience at anytime due to wind or weather conditions deemed to dangerous for the tour to proceed and will reschedule the tour on another date.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.