Planetarium in Slanic Salt Mine & the Muddy Vulcanoes
In this private day trip you will discover the largest salt mine in Europa, which is Slanic Prahova. Inside you will find the biggest planetarium in Romania, with a dome with a diameter at 16 meters and laser projection system (4k) of 24.000 lumens.
After this we will visit the Berca Muddy Volcanoes wich is a geological and botanical reservation located in Buzău County. The most spectacular feature is small volcano-shaped structures typically a few metres high caused by the eruption of mud and natural gases.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- We offer flexibility around the pace and itinerary
- Entry/Admission - Unirea Salt Mine
- Entry/Admission - Vulcanii Noroiosi (Muddy Volcanoes)
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets to: mine 5€, planetarium 4€ & vulcanoes 1€ - per person
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Unirea Salt Mine, Strada Crizantemelor, Slanic 106200 Romania
Slanic Prahova Saline is the largest salt mine in Europe. Now the old mine is currently open to the general public, being used as a leisure place.
Slănic Prahova Saline is located at a depth of 208m, on an area of 53,000sqm and was opened for visit after 1970.
The saline consists of 14 rooms, in the form of a trapeze, having an opening at the base of 32 meters, the tray, 10 meters and a height of 45 meters. The excavated space is 2.9 million cubic meters of salt.
Underground is also a sanatorium for asthmatic patients who are provided specialized medical care.
The ventilation of the mine is natural, with a constant temperature throughout the year of 12 degrees Celsius.
Inside salt mine we visit the Supernova Planetarium which is the largest and most performant planetarium in Romania with the largest spherical screen of 16 m diameter, max. 200 seats, 4K laser projectors, super-ergonomic armchairs.
We look forward to the most fascinating immersive experience in Romania.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Vulcanii Noroiosi (Muddy Volcanoes), Paclele Mari, Berca 127035 Romania
Muddy Vulcanoes is a geological and botanical reservation located in Buzău County in Romania.
Its most spectacular feature is the mud volcanoes, small volcano-shaped structures typically a few metres high caused by the eruption of mud and natural gases.
As the gases erupt from 3000 metres deep towards the surface, through the underground layers of clayand water, they push up underground salty water and mud, so that they overflow through the mouths of the volcanoes, while the gas emerges as bubbles. The mud dries off at the surface, creating a relatively solid conical structure resembling a real volcano. The mud expelled by them is cold, as it comes from inside the Earth's continental crust layers, and not from the mantle.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Otopeni Intl Airport, Bucharest Romania
- Baneasa Airport, Bucharest Romania
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.