Plovdiv Classic Tour from Sofia - Discover the Cultural Capital of Europe
Plovdiv – the multifaced city of the Balkans, with its vibrant atmosphere, artistic nature, and ancient spirit! Take a drive to this exuberant place and immerse yourself into its rich history and legacy. We will take you through the history of the city from its very beginning up until the recent past. Submerging into such amalgamation of Thracian, Roman, Ottoman, Bulgarian, Slav, and Armenian cultures, you will witness some of the best architectural examples that all these nations created. Enjoy a promenade down the old cobblestoned alleys of the Old Town lined with galleries and craftsman shops where you can feel the artistic spirit of the neighborhood by observing artists still living and working within its peaceful confines. Learn more about the 19th century Bulgarian Renaissance and admire the specific house architecture that emerged during this time. The tour ends with a delicious lunch and wine tasting in the artistic heart of Plovdiv- Kapana District.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Plovdiv All Entrance Fees
- Private transportation
- Professional Guide Services
What's excluded :
- Wine Sampling
- Personal Expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plovdiv Old Town, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
We will start our walk from the Old Town by visiting the places that gave birth to the city some seven thousand years ago, making it one of the oldest inhabited areas in Europe. After strolling around Thracian settlements and Roman ruins, we will transfer into a whole different era – the time of the Ottomans. The town of Filibe, as the Ottomans called it, had a special relationship with the conquering empire of the sultans. You will witness some of the best examples of Ottoman art and architecture in Bulgaria, submerging into the cultural amalgamation of two very distinct nations.
Ready to take one more leap in time? Jumping into the 19th century, you will learn more about the Bulgarian Revival Period and its heritage. The most distinctive feature of that period is the unique house architecture which emerged and was appropriated by local people in various ways. You will have a chance to pop in some of the richly decorated traditional houses and see their beauty and elegance from within.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Kapana suberb, Center ville Djumaya mosque, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
Kapana district is a place whose intriguing history attracts people from all corners of the country. In recent years, it has transformed into the artistic gathering spot of locals, breathing out the spirit of innovation and creativity through its unique wall-paintings and new craft shops. You will enjoy a lovely lunch in a typical restaurant located precisely on the border between the old and the modern city. Our tour will end in the creative Kapana district where you will be invited to sample the most exquisite wine collections from the Thracian valley.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All Hotels in Sofia, Rental Apartments and AirBnb
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.