Polar explorers city walk
Tromsø always played a important part in many of history´s great polar expeditions, and still does. On this guided walk through Tromsø town, with views across the water to the Arctic Cathedral, you will discover through Tromsø´s buildings, statues and monuments why Tromsø´s got the nickname “Gateway to the Arctic”.
Your guide will stop by the statue of Roald Amundsen, who started several of his polar expeditions from Tromsø.
Your tour will end at Polarmuseet where you can enjoy a photo exhibition depicting the life and adventures of Roald Amundsen in the Polar regions. The museum also exhibits some artifacts from Amundsen’s famous expeditions, some of which are considered the greatest gems of Norway´s proud polar history.
per adult from
What's included :
- Polar museum ticket
- Entry/Admission - The Polar Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Polar Museum, Sondre Tollbugt. 11B, Tromso 9008 Norway
The basis of the exhibition is a foto collection, about all of Roald Amundsens life and work in the polar regions.
Where: The Polar Museum
Type of exhibition: Permanent exhibition
We will look at some items from famous expeditions at the Polar Museum, some of which are the norwegian polar nations great gems within this proud part of our history.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Kirkegata 1, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Søndre Tollbodgate 11B, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.