Pompeii & Royal Palace of Caserta Private Tour from Rome
The UNESCO World Heritage listed Royal Palace of Caserta started out as a royal boasting contest. King Charles VII of Bourbon wanted a palace to outshine the Palace of Versailles, so in 1752 he initiated the construction of the largest royal residence in the world. His most ambitious project was a palace to rival Versailles, and he commissioned the job to the Neapolitan architect Luigi Vanvitelli who made a palace larger than any other royal palace in the world. In the Palace there are 1790 windows and 1200 rooms. King Charles night at the palace.
In 62 A.D. a violent earthquake struck the Vesuvius area. Seventeen years later, on August 24, 79 A.D., the sudden eruption of Vesuvius buried Pompeii with ashes and lapillus. The buried city was discovered in the 16th Century, but it was only in 1748 that the exploration phase began under the King of Naples Charles III of Bourbon. Our guide will bring this ancient resort town to life.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off with luxury transportation and private chauffeur
- Private English-speaking tour escort at your disposal
- Private professional guide in both sites
- Entrance tickets in the archeological area of Pompeii
- Entrance tickets in the Royal Palace of Caserta
- Entry/Admission - Reggia di Caserta
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Reggia di Caserta, Viale Douhet Reggia 2/A, 81100, Caserta Italy
The construction of the Royal Palace of Caserta was ordered in 1750 by Charles of Bourbon, just become autonomous from the Spanish motherland. The structure is an ancient royal palace located in Caserta, the largest royal residence in the world, in 1997 it was declared a UNESCO heritage site. It was built in full Italian Baroque style and finished in 1845. The palace is very large and covers 47000 square meters with its magnificent frescoes painted on the ceiling. Through the palace you can access the old apartment and the new apartment. The latter is made in full neoclassical style. Immediately after the apartments we find the picture gallery with a large art collection, high rooms full of paintings and works. Many paintings coming from the best artistic schools in Campania: from the Academy of Fine Arts, from the school of Salvator Rosa or from the portraits of the Bourbon court. In the elliptical room we find the Royal Nativity with a 40 square meter base, the Terrae Mothus collection is very important: here are collected works by great contemporary artists such as Andy Warhol. Outside the palace we find the Park, very large and full of fountains. There are 6 fountains and tanks dedicated to the gods of the Greek-Roman antiquity, within them we can also admire aquatic plants in excellent condition. Inside the park, the first is the Italian garden and the second is the English.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
The spectral ruins of ancient Pompeii lead to one of the world's most powerful archaeological experiences. The town wasn't simply blown away by Vesuvius in AD 79 but burning under a layer of lapilli (burning fragments of pumice stone). The result is a remarkably well-preserved slice of ancient life, where visitors can walk down Roman streets and pry around millennial old houses, temples, shops, cafes and amphitheater. With a private and historical guide, you will be able to visit what is considered to be Europe's most important archaeological site.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at 7:00 am at your accomodation (hotel, B&B, apartment). Please confirm us the pick up address.N.B .: If your accomodation is not in the area indicated on the above map, send us a message to arrange your pick up.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when shared with 2 paying adults
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Customers with physical limitations can have problems walking on ground.
- Wheelchair available on request. Please advise at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.