Pope's Summer Residence Private Tour from Rome
An unforgettable experience in the rich history of the Pontifical Castle and its Barberini Gardens by golf cart! A personal chauffeur will pick you up at your hotel and drive you to Castel Gandolfo.
Once you reach the Pope’s Summer Residence, your tour will be uniquely guided by an Official Vatican Guide.
Your tour starts with a 1-hour golf cart tour of Villa Barberini: the beautiful fountains, the Roman Criptoportico and the Roman Theatre of Domitian's villa.
Next, you will visit the Pope’s private chambers accompanied by an audio guide. Among the works of Art of the Papal Residence, you will also be able to admire the works of Bernini. Take some time to visit the town and make sure you check out the world’s first postbox, located in Castel Gandolfo’s main square
The St. Thomas of Villanova Church, designed by Bernini is a must-see.
You will be able to dine enjoying authentic Roman cuisine and breathtaking views of Lake Albano. Your tour will end back at your hotel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and Drop off from Rome City Center Hotel
- Golf Cart
- Tickets for the Gardens and for the Papal Apartment
- Audio Guide for the Papal Apartment
- Open bus with audio guide for the Pope's Gardens tour
- Entry/Admission - Giardino Barberini
- Entry/Admission - Palazzo Pontificio
What's excluded :
- Food & Water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Giardino Barberini, Strada Provinciale 71/b Via Carlo Rosselli, davanti al Piazzale Urbano VIII, 00073 Castel Gandolfo Italy
Barberini Gardens built partially on the villa of Emperor Domitian.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Palazzo Pontificio, Piazza della Liberta, 00120 Castel Gandolfo Italy
Palazzo Pontificio - Castel Gandolfo
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please inform us your hotel name and address, The tour includes a pick up from the hotel ONLYdown town Rome's hotels.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Rome Private Guides is glad to inform you that all our “Small group tours” and “Private Tours” comply with the protocols and guidelines suitable to guarantee the performance of our service in safe conditions to prevent Covid-19. The safety and health of our clients and staff is our highest priority.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.