Private Banteay Chhmar, Banteay Toap & Ang Trapaeng Thma Guided Tour
Visit the natural wetlands reserve of Ang Trapeang Thma and see numerous species of bird. Maybe stop for a bite and admire the beauty, or have a swim or a boat ride.
Continue to the temple of Banteay Toap and absorb the history and culture. Then move on the the little known Banteay Chhmar complex, with its satellite shrines and reservoir (baray). It comprises one of the most important and least understood archaeological complexes from Cambodia's Angkor period.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 12 hour tour of Banteay Chhmar, Banteay Toap & Ang Trapaeng Thma
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Cold towels
- Private transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and Drinks
- Temple entrance fees (USD5 per temple per person)
- Entry/Admission - Banteay Toap Temple
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Asia Voyage Tour, Siem Reap Cambodia
The tour starts at 5:00am. We pickup guests from their hotel. Guests can bring a packed breakfast to eat along the way or we can stop at a restaurant along the way. The same goes for lunch.
Stop At: Ang Trapeng Thmor Reserve, Sisophon Cambodia
After a 104km drive, we arrive at Ang Trapaeng Thma reserve, which is a 129 sq km of protected forest in northwestern Cambodia. This unique wetland ecosystem was set aside to protect the rare eastern sarus crane but is the home of over 200 bird species. Things to do there, include swimming, boat ride, eating and watching the birds.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Banteay Toap Temple, Cambodia
70km more driving brings us to Banteay Toap temple. Banteay Toap (pronounced Tor-op) is a fascinating and interesting temple site. The name is thought to mean ‘Fortress of the Army’ and it was built during the same period as the Banteay Chhmar temple complex. It is believed to have been built as a tribute to the Khmer army for their defeat of the Cham army leading to Khmer control of the region.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Banteay Chhmar, Banteay Chhmar, Banteay Meanchey Province
After another 30 minutes driving we reach Banteay Chhmar temple complex. Banteay Chhmar along with its satellite shrines and reservoir (baray), comprises one of the most important and least understood archaeological complexes from Cambodia's Angkor period. It is the 4th largest temple dating from the Angkorian period after Preah Khan (in Kampong Svay), Angkor Thom and Angkor Wat being the largest temple. There are nine satellite temples making up the temple complex.
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Asia voyage tour, 17254 Sala Kamreuk Road, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
Settle back in comfort and enjoy the 3 hour drive back to town, arriving back around 5pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Ensure you inform us of your hotel details. You should be ready at 5:00am in the hotel lobby. If you have not been picked up by 4:55am, ask your receptionist to call us. Note: if you booked within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up.Airports
- Siem Reap Airport, Siem Reap Cambodia
- Phnom Penh International Airport, 12000 មហាវិថី សហព័ន្ធរុស្ស៊ី, រាជធានីភ្នំពេញ, Cambodia
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- It's a good idea to bring sun-protection and insect repellent
- Due to uneven surfaces, tour is not advised for people with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Dress code is smart and casual. But please respect the ancient religious grounds. Shoulders should be covered, Wear trousers or knee-length pants or skirts. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Please do NOT climb on the ancient monuments
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.