Private Berlin East vs. West Architecture Wars Tour
Expert-led tour through the heart of the many buildings and areas built during the build-up of east and west Berlin. We will explore how the west and east built up each side of the wall in a war of architecture!
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Certified Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hansaviertel, Altonaer Str., 10555 Berlin, Germany
We will stroll along the old route where the Berlin wall and river spree used to separate east and west Berlin. With an expert eye and plenty of research our local guides will point out how the build up, stand offs, and espionage structures played a vital role in the cold war.
The East vs West Berlin Architecture Tour Features:
Expert local guides with educational backgrounds and a love for showing off the history of the city. All our guides are local experts with educational backgrounds in related fields and we have put hours of research into making this a one of a kind tour.
The fernsehturm (tv tower) built for many supposed purposes in the east
The town in the west built on the river
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Karl-Marx-Allee, Berlin Germany
We will also visit Karl-marx alle built up in the east during the time of the berlin wall. Many of the city’s most iconic areas and buildings were built during the cold war. During this time architecture was used in many ways to fight the cold war. From espionage to assumed social status, both sides sought to influence the other with architecture
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Ebertstraße 24, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.