Private Bike Tour to Matka Canyon
Words are not sufficient to describe Matka Canyon. It harbours rare species, beautiful landscapes, caves, historic technology and outdoor activity centre.
At only 15 km distance, Matka Canyon is the most popular nature place to visit near Skopje. The incredible water and landscapes are a must see. You can hike, canoe, kayak, visit a cave, rock climb, eat in a restaurant or just enjoy the view. It is also the first accumulation dam in Macedonia, with a power plant built in 1938.
To visit Matka Canyon on a bicycle is even a greater adventure, taking you through a rural part of Skopje, passing villages, parks and crossing the Treska River over suspended bridges. It is a beautiful adventure for any season.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water - One small bottled water is included with our bicycles.
- Use of bicycle
What's excluded :
- Lunch - At Matka Canyon we can stop to have lunch or just a snack looking at the cliffs.
- Snacks - You may want to have some snacks along the way.
- Entry/Admission - Monastère Saint-André de Matka
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Skopje, Skopje, Skopje Region
Our ride towards Matka Canyon takes us through the outer central area and the suburbs of Skopje where we see the way of life, but also some very interesting architecture.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Gjorche Petrov, Skopje, North Macedonia
Our route will take us through Gjorche Petrov Municipality. Once an agriculture oriented village, now an urban part of the City of Skopje.
Pass By: Parku i Sarajit, Saraj, Skopje 1000, North Macedonia
We will pass through Sport and Recreation Centre "Saraj". A place that was very popular and functional in ex Yugoslavia, but nowadays most of its structures are falling apart.
Pass By: Krushopek, North Macedonia
We will pass through Krushopek village, a predominately Muslim village.
Pass By: Grchec, North Macedonia
We will pass through Grchec village, a predominately Muslim village.
Pass By: Shishevo, North Macedonia
We will pass through village Shishevo, a mixed ethnicity village od Christians and Muslim people.
Pass By: Matka canoe kayak slalom course, Unnamed Road, Долна Матка, North Macedonia
See the kayak course on Treska River as we pass by on our way to Matka Canyon.
Stop At: Lake Matka, Canyon Matka, Skopje 1000 Republic of North Macedonia
Enjoy a moment by the lake.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Monastère Saint-André de Matka, Saraj, North Macedonia
We will learn about the local history and culture, by looking at this church.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Matka Canyon, Street 1, Skopje 1000 Republic of North Macedonia
We will ride from Skopje to Matka Canyon, where we will learn about the history and culture behind Matka Canyon, and optionally: take a boat ride to Cave Vrelo, relax at the lake, or even take a hike to St Nicolas of Shisevo monastery, right above the lake.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Railway Station Skopje, Aerodrom, Skopje 1000, North Macedonia
Traveler pickup is offered
We bring a bicycle to your hotel and devise a way to ride following bicycle paths and low traffic roads.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Private Bike Tour to Matka Canyon 7/26/2020 - 7/26/2022
Bike & Hike Matka Canyon 7/26/2020 - 7/26/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We provide radio communication for each guest so that you can enjoy the stories and descriptions along the route and maintaining physical distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.