Private Cairo: Crowd Free Half Day Pyramids Adventure
Wonder at the Great Pyramids of Giza and enigmatic Sphinx on this fascinating half-day tour of Cairo’s greatest treasures! Beat the crowds and midday sun with a prompt morning departure to drive to the Giza necropolis. Admire the gigantic Sphinx and the three great pyramids as your guide reveals the theories around the purpose and construction of these massive pharaonic tombs. Finish with an authentic Egyptian lunch at a local restaurant as you puzzle over what you’ve just seen!
This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local, English speaking guide
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Entry/Admission - Great Sphinx
- Entry/Admission - Gizeh Plateau
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Admission to the inner chambers of the Great Pyramid (400 EGP)
- Admission to the solar boat (100 EGP)
- Camel ride (200 EGP)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Great Sphinx, Al-Haram, Giza Egypt
Our day starts by seeing the guardian of the necropolis, the Sphinx (you know, the one with the missing nose!), which stands in front of the second Pyramid of Khepren. We will enter the Giza Plateau from the Sphinx Gate to beat the crowds to the site, and after seeing the Sphinx, we’ll walk to the mysterious great pyramid of King Cheops, where you can marvel at the sheer size of the construction, and try and formulate your own theories as to how it was built.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gizeh Plateau, Al Haram Str., Giza 11511 Egypt
Our private Pyramids tour continues to the second Pyramid of Giza, which is the second largest and the only pyramid that still carries part of its original casing. From there, we’ll continue to the third and the smallest of the Giza Plateau pyramids. And no visit to the Pyramids of Giza would be completed without stopping at the panoramic view point where you get to see the all the pyramids of Giza in the one spot (and take a photo like the ones you see in travel books – free of tourists! Well, almost…)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cairo, Cairo, Cairo Governorate
Leaving the amazing pyramids behinds, we’ll head back out to the streets of Cairo and stop by a local restaurant for lunch. We’ll be treating you to Koshary, a dish of rice, pasta, lentils, fried onions, and chili sauce, and a favourite amongst young local Egyptians.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Pharaohs Hotel, 12 Lotfy Hassouna, St، Dokki, Giza Governorate, Egypt
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- For hotels in the city centre (downtown, Dokki, Garden City and Mohandsien) or in the Giza area, we arrange a complimentary pick up from your hotel, please call our team Cairo a day prior your tour to do the needed arrangements.
- If your hotel is not in the city centre or Giza area, such as near the airport or 6th of October, we can arrange a hotel pick-up for a supplement fee. Please contact us and we will arrange the pick-up for you. If you are not sure whether your hotel is in the city centre, you can check with us via phone.
- This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.