Private Cooking Class with a Tbilisi Food and City Expert
Enjoy a private and authentic cooking class in a local Tbilisi home with your host Dinara. This is a perfect experience for anyone looking to connect with local culture over food. Your cooking class will take place in a local home kitchen where Dinara will teach you how to make 2-3 traditional Georgian dishes from her family recipes. After cooking, you will enjoy your meal together in your host's Georgian home.
• Learn to make Khachapuri and other Georgian dishes in a local home
• Dinara skillfully blends eastern and western cooking techniques to introduce you to traditional Georgian cuisine.
• 100% private activity
• Experience Georgian hospitality in the Saburtalo neighborhood of Tbilisi
• Get local recommendations from your host who is also a city guide
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Cooking lesson with your host Dinara
- Alcoholic Beverages - Local wine
What's excluded :
- This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine. Meet your host Dinara at her Tbilisi apartment that she shares with her husband, daughter and friendly dog. Sip on a refreshing drink before joining Dinara at her large open kitchen to learn to cook a traditional Georgian meal from recipes that have been passed down through generations of her family. Your hands-on cooking class involves learning to make 3 Georgian dishes made from scratch and will last about 2.5 hours. Enjoy learning about the tips and techniques involved in preparing Georgian cuisine cooking before you sit down at the table to share the meal you helped prepare with host Dinara. Your family-style meal includes dishes such as khachapuri (cheese and egg filled bread), a Georgian salad, khinkali (Georgian dumplings) or Shkmeruli (fried chicken in a garlic sauce) and pkhali (a dish of minced vegetables, nuts and herbs). Your meal will conclude with a Georgian dessert like matsoni, yoghurt with honey and nuts. A former café owner, Dinara is a city guide who enjoys sharing the knowledge of her city and culture with travelers.
• Khachapuri (traditional bread topped with cheese)
• Salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, basil and nuts in a vinaigrette
• Khinkali (dumplings) or shkmeruli, fried chicken in a milk and garlic sauce
• Pkhali (a dish of minced vegetables, nuts and herbs)
• Matsoni, Georgian yoghurt with nuts and honey
Departure Point :Saburtalo, Tbilisi, Georgia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.