Private Cu Chi Tunnels and War Remnants Museum Tour From Phu Huu Port
Get up close and personal to the unique culture and history of Vietnam with this insightful tour. Learn how the Viet Cong fighters navigated a
network of war tunnels (even squeeze in yourself!) and get a different perspective on the Vietnam War in the War Remnants Museum. This trip is essential for anyone looking for a
true insight into Vietnamese culture!
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Taxes
- Fully Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Unlimited Bottles of Water
- English Speaking Guide
- Lunch (please note we can cater for any dietary requirements, just be sure to get in touch beforehand)
What's excluded :
- Port Permit Service: For a fee of 25USD/person, our guide and transport can go inside the port, right to your cruise ship for pick-up and drop off. This requires passport details such as full name, passport number, DOB, expiry date and nationality. We recommend this service for safety and comfort during the hot or rainy days, as well a reliable transport service.
- Gratuities for your guide & driver
- Travel Insurance
- Crawl In The Cu Chi Tunnels!
Welcome to Ho Chi Minh! Our team will be waiting with name signs, big smiles and a Maika Tour t-shirt at your port to take you to your cool air-conditioned transport. For many cruises, HCMC is the first dock in Vietnam, so we are well equipped to collect you and take you to the incredible network of war bunkers known as the Cu Chi Tunnels. These networks are a reminder of the ingenious designs needed to survive in these tight-squeezing tunnels during war-torn times. Opt to crawl through the 100m tunnels to get a feel for what the soldiers had to endure, or simply walk around the scenic site, taking in the historical and cultural importance of this war remnant. Discover the kitchens hidden around the tunnels and sample the food the Viet Cong ate during the war. Nowadays the tunnels have been widened slightly for tourists, so it won’t be such a tight squeeze! This experience offers an inspiring insight into human perseverance and the challenges of war.
Visit A Family Home & Rubber Tapping Facility
Our next stop gives you the opportunity to meet with a friendly local and to get a sense of the traditional way of life that is very much preserved here. Take a walk around her farm and even take part in a rice paper lesson! This is a fantastic opportunity to get off the beaten tourist track and to become acquainted with the local people and way of life.
Then, we make our way to a rubber tapping facility where we will learn how latex is extracted from a rubber tree. Vietnam is the world’s third biggest natural rubber producer, and this stop offers a fantastic insight into the process! We will make a short stop to sample a traditional lunch of Pho or Banh Mi.
Learn About Vietnam’s Turbulent Past
The War Remnants Museum is a shocking exhibit of the horrors of war. Offering an alternative perspective, the war museum shows the devastating effects of war on the civilian population. The museum is a favourite with tourists as it offers never-before-seen material and an entirely alternate perspective. The Requiem gallery is the gem of this Museum, where you can see historic photos taken by famed international war photographers such as Tim Page or Larry Burrows. Although sometimes upsetting, the display is essential for understanding the horrors of the Vietnam War, but also the endurance and perseverance of a nation. Unfortunately, this is our last stop on the tour but rest assured that your English-speaking guide will take you back to port, right up to your cruise ship if you so wish! We are expert time-keepers so rest in the knowledge you will return in plenty of time for your departure.
Departure Point :Phu Huu Port, Ho Chi Minh City
Departure Time :7:00am or 8:00am, as soon as we can pick you up! However, this is private tour so we can organize upon your request.
Return Detail :Phu Huu Port, Ho Chi Minh City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- What to Bring: Sunscreen • Hat • Insect Repellent • Light Jacket • Flashlight or Torch
- What to Wear: Please ensure you dress respectfully. Knees and shoulders should be covered at all times.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.