Private Dandenong Ranges Tour including Puffing Billy
Just an hour’s drive from Melbourne is the verdant landscape of the magnificent Dandenong Ranges, part of the Great Dividing mountain range which runs the entire length of the east coast of Australia. The Dandenongs are home to ‘Puffing Billy’. Operating since 1900, this fully restored steam engine is Australia’s oldest surviving and most famous steam train. With lush fern gullies brushing past, and Mountain Ash towering overhead, Puffing Billy makes for a wonderful opportunity to relax and breathe in the fresh mountain air whilst the train makes its way through the temperate rainforest. Re-live the romance and charm of the bygone days of steam as you travel back in time on this historic, narrow-gauge railway on its original mountain track.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Puffing Billy steam train
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Puffing Billy Playground
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Puffing Billy Playground, Kilvington Drive, Emerald, Victoria Australia
The journey aboard Puffing Billy takes you through the magnificent Dandenong Ranges, located only one hour east of Melbourne.
With lush fern gullies brushing past and Mountain Ash trees towering overhead, Puffing Billy makes for a wonderful opportunity to relax and breathe in the fresh air whilst the train makes its way through the temperate rainforest.
This century-old steam train continues to run on its original mountain track from Belgrave to Gembrook in the magnificent Dandenong Ranges 40kms east of Melbourne.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: SkyHigh Mount Dandenong, 26 Observatory Road, Melbourne, Victoria 52F12 Australia
Situated less than an hour from the Melbourne CBD, on the uppermost reach of the Dandenong Ranges, amid cool ferny glades and lush towering native forests, SkyHigh is one of Victoria’s premier tourist attractions with majestic views to be experienced day or night over the Melbourne skyline.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Melbourne Airport, Departure Dr, Tullamarine, Victoria 3045 Australia
- Station Pier
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.