Private Day Hiking Trip to Tesna Gorges from Timisoara
In this trip, we will take you in the heart of the Mehedinți Mountains, where we will enjoy a pleasant hike along the tall walls and pine trees of the Țesna Gorges. We start off in the morning and head to the town of Băile Herculane and then up the Cerna Valley until we reach our starting point. We ascend through the forests until we reach the walls of the gorges. As we progress through the gorges, we enjoy the rocky scenery and wild nature. Along the way, there are several landmarks that we will stop by: an old watermill, a waterfall, and the canyon of the Țesna river. Our journey ends once we reach a sheepfold. Here we will stop for lunch and we can either dig in the good in our backpack or we can enjoy a shepherd's lunch. After that, we return to our car following the same path. In the evening, we can enjoy a traditional dinner and some thermal baths in Băile Herculane, which is famous for its hot water springs.
per adult from
10 to 14 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park entry fee
- Professional guide
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - National Park Domogled
What's excluded :
- Food, drinks and tips
- Access to thermal baths
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Historical Center, 608d, Baile Herculane Romania
The historical city of Baile Herculane is a great place to learn about the history of the region and to admire historical architecture.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: National Park Domogled, Cerna Valley, Baile Herculane 325200 Romania
The National Park Domogled-Cerna Valley is the largest in Romania and it spreads over the Mehedinti and the Cerna Mountains. On our way to the Tesna Gorges we will be driving up the Cerna Valley and will have the chance to admire the mountains on the side of the river.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Hotel Central - Green Parking Zone, Cetate, Timișoara, Romania
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from your hotel, hostel or apartment in Timisoara. If you are located outside of Timisoara or in another city in Western Romania we can arrange pickup but you will be charged extra for the transportation.Airports
- Timisoara Airport, Timisoara Romania
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The route might be a bit challenging for people with fear of heights.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.