Private Day Hiking Trip to Vanturatoarea Waterfall from Timisoara
This trip will take you to the tallest free-falling waterfall in Romania; 40 meters of water that turns to sprinkle before reaching the ground. We start in the morning and drive up the Cerna Valley. We also stop to have a quick sightseeing of the historical city of Băile Herculane. We park our car on the Cerna river shore and begin our hike uphill. After about 2 hours, we reach our destination, where we take our time to explore the site and enjoy the beauty and splendor of the waterfall. Later on, we continue our hike towards the Cicilovete Meadow, where we can admire the view over the entire Cerna Valley and the Mehedinți Mountains. From here, we return by the same path to our car. In the evening, we can enjoy a traditional dinner and some thermal baths in Băile Herculane, which is famous for their hot water springs.
per adult from
10 to 14 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Private transportation
- National Park entry fee
- Entry/Admission - National Park Domogled
What's excluded :
- Food, drinks and tips
- Access to thermal baths
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Historical Center, 608d, Baile Herculane Romania
The historical city of Baile Herculane is a great place to learn about the history of the region and to admire historical architecture.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: National Park Domogled, Cerna Valley, Baile Herculane 325200 Romania
The National Park Domogled-Cerna Valley is the largest in Romania and it spreads over the Mehedinti and the Cerna Mountains. On our way to the Tesna Gorges we will be driving up the Cerna Valley and will have the chance to admire the mountains on the side of the river.
Duration: 10 hours
Stop At: Cascada Vânturătoarea, Mehadia, Romania
The Vanturatoarea Waterfall is the tallest free-falling waterfall in Romania. It is so big that water turns to sprinkle before hitting the ground.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Hotel Central - Taxi Parking, Strada Nicolaus Lenau, Timișoara 300029, Romania
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from your hotel, hostel or apartment in Timisoara. If you are located outside of Timisoara or in another city in Western Romania we can arrange pickup but you will be charged extra for the transportation.Airports
- Timisoara Airport, Timisoara Romania
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Might be challenging for people with sick of heights.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.