Private Day Tour from Cancun to Izamal with Lunch
Spend your day exploring hidden crystal water Cuzama judge canotes in a company of a professional experience guide. Step out of the bitten path & get to know non-turstic places hidden in Yucatan Peninsula. Swim in three beautiful sylvester cenotes & wide your knowledge of the history visiting Izamal, ¨the city of the three cultures" in this one day exclusive private tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional & certificated guide only for your group
- Hotel pickup and drop-off/private transportation only for your group
- Transportation by comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle
- Private tour
- Sweet snack, soft drinks & 2 cans of beer/per person
- Entry/Admission - Cenotes
- Entry/Admission - Centro Cultural y Artesanal Izamal
What's excluded :
- Tips (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cenotes, Cuzama Mexico
The first stop of the tour is the rout of Cuzama cenotes. This route has become popular thanks to the peculiar way to visit the cenotes. The visitors of the rout travel between the cenote on a board of a special truck. The truck represents a small platform on rails pulled by horses. For more comfortable transportation nowadays the platform has been modified with seats. This kind of trucks were originally used in mexican haciendas to transport the plant of henequen from the field to machinery room. To travel on a board of this truck is a traditional, rustic & fun way to explore the jungle. The tour through the jungle consists of visiting 3 underground cenotes. You will be allowed to swim in each cenote for 30 minutes & the total time you will spend in the Cuzama route is around 3 hours.
The tour includes 3 beautiful cenotes, which are:
Cenote Chelentún. The first cenote of the route. The access to the cenote is easy thanks to the wooden rustic ladders descending for about 20 meters among plants and trees.The water of the cenote is deep, blue & very clear. Chelentún is the only one that has a shallow water part.
Cenote Chacsinicché is the second cenote to visit. Currently it has a form of a jar, although with time it is likely to be surrounded with vertical walls, as the roots of the trees around the cenote are constantly growing & as the result the shape of the cenote is modifying. It has comfortable wooden stairs, which descend about 20 meters and reach the level of the water. The indigo blue color of the water, as well as its transparency will impress you for sure.
Cenote Bolonchojol. It’s the last and less accessible cenote. To enter you must descend wooden vertical stairs for about 15 meters, Bolonchojol is so called "covered" type of cenote, his dome allows the rays of the sun to pass only through the small holes, causing the water to take colors from turquoise blue to emerald green, giving it a beautiful and mystical view. This cenote is listed as one of the most beautiful cenotes of Yucatan.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Centro Cultural y Artesanal Izamal, 31 30 Y 32, Izamal 97540 Mexico
After the cenote route & lunch we direct to the beautiful city Izamal. This colonial city is known as "the city of the three cultures", because it combines features of its pre-hispanic past, the colonial period and the present time. Izamal is a beautiful colonial town founded in the middle of XVI century on the ruins of an ancient mayan city; its most important construction, the Convent complex of Our Lady of Izamal, was built on the ruins of a mayan temple called Pap-hol-chac.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from any accommodation (hotel, apartment, AirBnb, hostal, etc) in Cancun, on Riviera Maya, in Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen, Akumal or Tulum is included in the price.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable shoes & clothes are advised
- Please bring bathing suites & towels
- Please bring dry clothes to change after swimming (optional)
- Please bring sunscreen & repellent against mosquitoes
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.