Private Day Tour in Catania and Trekking on Etna
On this fantastic private day tour we will discover one of the most vibrant cities of southern Italy, Catania, where you can admire its imposing Cathedral, a symbol of devotion to its patron Saint Agatha, and Piazza del Duomo where stands "U 'Liotru", the statue of an elephant in lava stone and symbol of the city. Then we will visit Mount Etna and the extinct craters at an approximate height of 2000 meters. you will admire unique lava formations and our naturalistic guide will introduce you to the fascinating world of volcanic phenomena. We will also explore a volcanic cave together, we will provide you with helmets and torches.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Mount Etna
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catania, Catania, Province of Catania, Sicily
Our journey begins with a visit to Catania, recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its original Baroque style and its particular streets built in black lava stone!
You can admire its imposing Cathedral, a symbol of devotion to its patron Saint Agatha, and the Piazza del Duomo where "U’ Liotru "stands, the statue of a lava stone elephant and symbol of the city.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Mount Etna, 95030 Catania, Sicily Italy
At the end we will move with our means to reach Etna from the south side.
Going up, we will see the landscape change before our eyes and we will make a nice walk through extinct craters and unique lava formations, our naturalistic guide will introduce you to the fascinating world of volcanic phenomena.
We will then explore a volcanic cave, providing you with the necessary equipment (helmets and torches).
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up travelers near their accommodation, hotel, airport or port of arrival between 8:30 and 9:00.Airports
- Fontanarossa Airport, Catania, Sicily Italy
- Via Etnea, Catania CT, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 6/29/2020 - 7/24/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:30 AM - 09:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Activities carried out with machines, 4 × 4 off-road vehicles and / or minivans.
- Guests must wear hiking shoes and bring a jacket.
- During the winter, due to adverse weather conditions or in the event of ice and / or snow on the roads, the excursion could take place at lower altitudes.
- You will receive a confirmation when booking.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.