Private Day Tour to Corinth Canal and Sparta-Mystras from Athens/Pireaus
Our 25 years experience and the combination of stunning natural scenery and the legacy of a fascinating and diverse cultural heritage of Sparta-Mystras makes this day trip from Athens an irresistible option. You will discover the fascinating historical, cultural and geographic landscape of the regions.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
What's included :
- WiFi on board, Mineral Cold Water, Fuel and tolls
- English Speaking Driver(not allow to escort you into the sites/museums)
- Adjusting/customizing itinerary to skip the long lines
- Mercedes Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- We can accommodate 8people also(Bookable by contacting us on the phone number provided by Viator)
What's excluded :
- Licensed Tour Guide (Bookable upon request by contacting us on the phone number provided by Viator)
- Gratuity(optional), Lunch, Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Mystras
- Entry/Admission - Corinth Canal
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Mystras, located 5 km from the town of Sparta, Mystras, Sparta Municipality Greece
Mystras is UNESCOs World Heritage site!
Mystras, the ‘wonder of the Morea’, lies in the southeast of the Peloponnese. The town developed down the hillside from the fortress built in 1249 by the prince of Achaia, William II of Villehardouin, at the top of a 620 m high hill overlooking Sparta.
Like a replica in miniature of the majestic form of Mt. Taygetos, Mystras rises above the verdant valley of Eurotas and is the best-preserved example of medieval walled town in the Greek region, is today a standing ghost city that fascinates the modern traveler with its castle, churches and the palatial complex of the ruling Byzantine dynasty, bearing witness to its bygone greatness
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Loutraki 201 00 Greece
Depart from and drive along the coast line until we reach the Corinth Canal where we will make a brief stop.
The Corinth Canal connects the Gulf of Corinth with the Saronic Gulf in the Aegean Sea. It cuts through the narrow Isthmus of Corinth and separates the Peloponnese from the Greek mainland, arguably making the peninsula an island.
ls considered one of the great engineering accomplishments of Greece.
The canal was dug through the Isthmus at sea level and has no locks. It is 6.4 kilometres (4 mi) in length and only 21.4 metres (70 ft) wide at its base. The canal was constructed from 1880 to 1893, however, it is something that shipowners and captains had dreamed about for some 2000 years before it became a reality.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Accommodation Piraeus area, Port and Cruise Terminal (Included). Meeting point: The driver will meet you at the port holding a sign with your name onAccommodation in Athens and Athens Suburbs Pickup/drop off from/to Accommodation located outside Athens Pickup/drop off from/to Athens Airport Meeting point: The driver will meet you inside the airport holding a sign with your name onAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Passengers and the driver are obliged to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.