Private Day Tour to Tanis Bubastis and the Suez Canal from Cairo
Leave driving to the professionals—and make the most of the in-vehicle Wi-Fi—on this door-to-door private tour to the “lost city” of Tanis and the cat-worshipping city of Bubastis, with lunch on the Suez Canal. Take as long as you like at these blissfully uncrowded ancient sites and ask all the questions that you want of your personal Egyptologist guide.
Explore the “lost city” of Tanis in the Nile Delta with your private guide Learn how cats—and the cat goddess—were sacred in the city of Bubastis Savor a local lunch on the banks of the Suez Canal Take it easy with door-to-door private transport
per adult from
What's included :
- - Entrance fees
- - Qualified Egyptologist guide
- - Transport by air-conditioned minivan with free WiFi
- - Private tour
- - Lunch
- - Bottled water
What's excluded :
- - Gratuities (recommended)
- - Drinks
- - Tipping
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tanis, outside of San al-Hagar Egypt
Meet your Egyptologist tour guide in the morning to drive 30mins to Tanis, which is a biblical site of Zoan in the ancient land of Goshen, Moses was found in the marshes of the delta here. Tanis was the capital of during in the new kingdom. Also there are ruins of the temple of Amun, Mut and Khonsu. Afterwards, drive to Bubastis, also known as Per-Bast, the cult center of the feline goddess Bast, about 2 hours from Cairo. The area also has some remains of temples for King Teti and Pepi the First. Lastly, drive to Ismalia to have your lunch beside the Suez Canal and enjoy the view, then you will be transferred back to your hotel in Cairo.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
from your Hotel in Cairo
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.