Private Day Trip to Corinth Canal and Ancient Olympia from Athens/Pireaus
Ancient Olympia Day trip offers the visitor the irresistible combination of stunning natural scenery and the legacy of a fascinating and diverse cultural heritage.
The ancient Olympic Games were a series of athletic festivals held in honor of Zeus,The games were originally held in Olympia as early as the 776 BC.
The most outstanding building is the 5th Century Temple of Zeus, built by Livon, which contained the 12 meter high statue by Phideas, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
The stadium which could seat at least 20,000 people and was the largest of its kind. The Temple of Hera is where the Olympic flame is lit from the sun and then taken by runners to light the torch wherever the games are being held, a tradition which dates all the way back to 1936AD. Even today you will notice runners using the area for fun and for practice. The museum is across the road and contains the 4th Century BC statue of Hermes by Praxiteles
per adult from
12 to 13 hours
What's included :
- WiFi on board, Mineral Cold Water, Fuel and tolls
- Mercedes Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Fuel and tolls
- Adjusting/customizing itinerary to skip the long lines
- English Speaking Driver(not allow to escort you into the sites/museums)
- We can accommodate 8people also(Bookable by contacting us on the phone number provided by Viator)
What's excluded :
- Licensed Tour Guide (Bookable upon request by contacting us on the phone number provided by Viator)
- Gratuity(optional), Lunch, Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Corinth Canal
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Olympia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Loutraki 201 00 Greece
Depart from and drive along the coast line until we reach the Corinth Canal where we will make a brief stop.
The Corinth Canal connects the Gulf of Corinth with the Saronic Gulf in the Aegean Sea. It cuts through the narrow Isthmus of Corinth and separates the Peloponnese from the Greek mainland, arguably making the peninsula an island.
ls considered one of the great engineering accomplishments of Greece.
The canal was dug through the Isthmus at sea level and has no locks. It is 6.4 kilometres (4 mi) in length and only 21.4 metres (70 ft) wide at its base. The canal was constructed from 1880 to 1893, however, it is something that shipowners and captains had dreamed about for some 2000 years before it became a reality.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Olympia, Archea Olympia, Olympia 27065 Greece
We will drive by the coastal road along the Saronic Gulf to Corinth Canal (sort stop). Drive on the highway, pass by Patra town and arrive in Olympia around noon.
Visit the New Archaeological Museum and see among others the Sculpture Masterpieces of Hermes by Praxitelis and the Nike (Victory) by Paionios.
Visit also the Archaeological Site with Temples of Zeus and Hera and the Ancient Olympic Stadium, where the First Olympic Games in 776 B.C. were held.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Accommodation Piraeus area, Port and Cruise Terminal (Included). Meeting point: The driver will meet you at the port holding a sign with your name onAccommodation in Athens and Athens Suburbs Pickup/drop off from/to Accommodation located outside Athens Pickup/drop off from/to Athens Airport Meeting point: The driver will meet you inside the airport holding a sign with your name onAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Passengers and the driver are obliged to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.