Private day trip to Haridwar (Har ki pauri)
Haridwar is an ancient city and important Hindu pilgrimage site in North India's Uttarakhand state, where the River Ganges exits the Himalayan foothills. The largest of several sacred ghats (bathing steps), Har Ki Pauri hosts a nightly Ganga Aarti (river-worshipping ceremony) in which tiny flickering lamps are floated off the steps. Worshipers fill the city during major festivals including the annual Kanwar Mela.
12 to 15 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Airport pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private Air conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Cable car cost
- Food and drinks
- The tour starts from New Delhi (pick up place can be anywhere as per your convenience within the city area). Time of pick up varies between 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM. Suggestible to move as early as possible to avoid the city traffic in Delhi-Uttar Pradesh.
Duration of the tour is about 12 to 15 hours.
Start from New Delhi as per the pick up time and proceed to Haridwar which is about 4-5 hours drive depending upon the traffic. There are multiple food joints and rest rooms available on the way to Haridwar. Upon arrival in Haridwar get dropped at Har ki Pauri ghat where everyone takes a dip in the holy water of River Ganga and it is said that all your sins washed away as you bath in River Ganga. The river is coming directly from Himalayas.
Later head to Mata Mansa devi temple (To reach there one has to climb the stairs about 30 to 45 minutes or can make a booking of Cable car to reach the temple) Cable car booking counter is normally crowded. However, you will get the tickets easily.
Post your visit enjoy lunch at city restaurant and around 3:00 PM we will head back to Delhi again. Upon arrival in Delhi in evening you will be either dropped at Airport or hotel/any other place as per your convenience.
Departure Point :New Delhi
Departure Time :
Return Detail :New Delhi
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.