Private Day trip to Salay and Mt Popa
Visit two fascinating but lesser-known destinations, Salay and Mt Popa, on this private full-day tour from Bagan. Salay has been an important religious center for centuries, and has many monasteries to see, along with some British colonial-era buildings. Mt Popa rises abruptly from the plains, and its monastery is a pilgrimage destination for locals who pay tribute to the Nats (spirits).
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Bagan Temples
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bagan Temples, Bagan Archaeological Zone, Bagan Myanmar
Drive to Salay, which developed as an expansion of the city of Bagan in the late 12th Century, and much of the architecture dates back to this historic period. The appeal in Salay is its large number of attractive monasteries. We will visit the Yoke Sone Kyaung Monastery, one of the oldest monasteries and famous or its wood carving. Continue on to Mt. Popa, which rose from the ground in a massive earthquake in 442 BC. Mt. Popa is famous as the abode of the Nats (Spirit Gods) and has a panoramic view of the surrounding plains. On the way back to Bagan, we can also make a visit to one of the local families who make toddy palm juice for sale from the toddy palms.
Duration: 1 day
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel in Bagan
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.