Private Day Trip to Salzburg from Vienna
Take advantage of your stay in Vienna and visit Salzburg. Explore the Austrian lake region, visit the locations from "The Sound of Music" and experience the unique atmosphere of Mozart's birth town!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private minivan or small coach depending on group size
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- 'Sound of Music fan or not: Take advantage of your stay in Vienna and visit Salzburg. With a friendly driver you depart from your hotel in Vienna in a private limousine or minivan.
The scenery on the way to Salzburg is breathtaking: You pass by the Vienna Woods, see the peaks of the Alps from afar, and finally reach the Austrian lake district. Take pictures of the region’s gorgeous mountain lakes and villages and visit the locations from „The Sound of Music“!
In Salzburg you will be joined by a local expert guide who will take you on an extensive walking tour: hear intriguing stories about the history and the city’s famous inhabitants while you see the most important sights. Among other things you see Mozart's birthplace, the colorful gardens of the Mirabell Palace (the 'DoReMi' song was filmed here), the cemetery of the abbey of St. Peter (the Trapp-family hid there), the festival area, the Archbishop’s Palace and the cathedral.
After the walking tour spend a couple of hours in Salzburg for lunch, do some shopping or explore the city further on your
own. Visit the Mozart museum or take a ride in the funicular up to the impressive fortress of Hohensalzburg. In the late afternoon your driver
will take you to Vienna and back to your hotel.
Enjoy the superior service and the personal atmosphere of this private tour: Your knowledgeable guide is ready to respond to (almost) your every request and requirement. Lots of photo opportunities!
Hotel pick-up 07:30am Tour start - Travel past the Vienna Woods and Melk Abbey to Linz
09:30am Stop for coffee and cake (at own expense) - ca. 30 minutes
10:50am Photo Stop at Lake Attersee - ca. 15 minutes
11:30am Explore Lakeside Town St. Gilgen - ca. 30 minutes
12:30pm Guided Walking Tour of Salzburg's Old Town - ca. 1,5 hours
02:00pm Free time in Salzburg for lunch, shopping and sightseeing - ca. 2,5 hours 04:30pm
Departure for Vienna 7:30pm Arrival in Vienna
For private tours by coach (8+ people) the itinerary includes one stop at Lake Mondsee instead of St. Gilgen.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel, apartment, train station or cruise ship in Vienna.Ports
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks are required for travelers during transportation, children up to 6 years of age do not need to wear face masks
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 10 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 15 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 9 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.