Private Day Trip to the Rila Monastery and Boyana Church
Visit Rila Monastery and Boyana church, UNESCO World Heritage sites. Relive history as your guide's commentary takes you back into time. This is a Private Tour so you will not be combined with other people besides those in your reservation- there will be a private car and a private driver- guide just for you! And you will be able to stop for pictures, shops and other things whenever you want! Enjoy a full-day tour out in the mountains with a convenient hotel pick up and drop off.
*Women should have thier knees and shoulders covered on the monastery.
*The Boyana church is closed on the 1st of January, on the Sunday of the Orthodox Easter, on the 24th of December, 25th of December and the 31st of December - and on such days the tour is done only to the Rila Monastery.
Most times the trips are done with eco friendly cars - with cng engine or electro mobiles, so that we can help fighting the air polution.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private driver- guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Transportation by an A/C car with free Wi Fi
- A trip to Boyana Church and Rila Monastery
What's excluded :
- Boyana Church entrance ticket- 5 euro
- Rila Monastery museum & monk room entrance ticket- 4 euro
- Food & personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Boyana Church
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Boyana Church, 3 Boyansko Ezero Str., Sofia 1616 Bulgaria
The first stop is at the great UNESCO historical place – Boyana church, dating back to the 11th century, which has unique and very well preserved frescoes and pictures from the 13th century period. You will have the chance to explore the church and learn its hisotry from your guide.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Rila Monastery, Rila 2643 Bulgaria
Next, you will head to the Rila Monastery- the biggest monastery in Bulgaria. It was established back in the 10th century. The current buildings are from the mid 19th century, with a defensive tower that survived from the 14th century.
In the monastery complex you will admire the impressive architecture and frescoes.
During the guided tour in the inner yard and the monastery museum, you will discover the most precious pieces that are kept from the past and all the facts and stories about the biggest Bulgarian monastery complex. You will also have the chance to see an old and authentic monk room!
Before going back to Sofia, you will have free time for a lunch break in a great local restourant with delicious cuisine.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel/ adress pick up at 9;00 am.- please indicate it.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.