Private Experience in Amsterdam Castle and Keukenhof Tulip Gardens
The first stop is one of the oldest and best preserved medieval castles of the Netherlands: Amsterdam Muiderslot. The castle is over 700 years old and has a long and turbulent history. Enjoy a private guided tour and discover the castle's secrets and architectural oddities. Learn about medieval castle life and the Dutch 17th century with all its controversies. After the tour you have some personal time to continue your explorations in the castle, the beautiful historical gardens or to walk to the quaint village of Muiden.
Next is Lisse, home to spring flower park Keukenhof, or 'the Garden of Europe'. Upon arrival at Keukenhof, set off on a private guided orientation stroll to learn about the layout of the park. After all, it's one of the world's largest flower gardens. Then your guide sets up a meeting point for later, so you also have the opportunity to explore the beautiful park for another ± 4 hrs in your own pace. Meet with your guide again for the transfer (back).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Comfortable, quick and corona-proof private transportation
- Pick-up and drop-off anywhere in (Greater) Amsterdam
- Private, local guide for 9 hours
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly and to maintain social distancing
- Skip the line admission Keukenhof tulip gardens
- 30 min private guided orientation stroll in Keukenhof
- Admission National Museum Muiderslot
- 1 hr live private guided tour of the castle in English or audio-tour in another language
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Option to customize the experience to your preferences and interests
- Entry/Admission - Muiderslot
- Entry/Admission - Keukenhof
What's excluded :
- Guide gratuity (up to you!)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Netherlands, The Netherlands
Whereas the medieval castle of Amsterdam Muiderslot is located in the province of North-Holland, the South-Holland province is home to the famous tulip gardens of Keukenhof. Together these provinces form the famous Holland. Watch the Dutch landscape pass by during the transfers while your guide shares interesting information with you about the Netherlands.
Visit the castle first and learn about medieval castle life and the Dutch 17th century with all its controversies. Next is Keukenhof that is most probably the most famous spring flower park in the world. Surround yourself with the millions of flowers in the 79 acres of gardens. The theme of 2021 will be 'A World Of Colors'.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Amsterdam, Amsterdam, North Holland Province
Enjoy the comfort of pick-up & drop-off in (Greater) Amsterdam including Schiphol, Amstelveen, Haarlem, 't Gooi, Almere or Amersfoort (or anywhere in between for that matter).
Your drop-off address doesn't have to be the same as pick-up. We have space for luggage in our vehicle, so this experience can be used as transportation at the same time.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Muiderslot, Herengracht 1, 1398 AA Muiden The Netherlands
National Museum Muiderslot is a real medieval castle, and has a moat, towers, battlements, arrow slits and a drawbridge. The castle is over 700 years old and has a long and turbulent history. Discover its secrets, with included admission and a private guided tour in English (audio-tour in German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Hebrew and Chinese available).
After the tour you have some personal time to continue your explorations in the castle, to discover the beautiful historical gardens where they grow vegetables of the past and herbs for all sorts of purposes, or to walk to the quaint village of Muiden.
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Stop At: Muiden, Muiden, North Holland Province
Muiden is the quaint village that houses Amsterdam Muiderslot Castle. After the castle tour you have some personal time to continue your own explorations. Explore the gardens, or walk along the Vecht river to the village.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Keukenhof, Stationsweg 166A, 2161 AM Lisse The Netherlands
Upon arrival at Keukenhof, set off on a private guided orientation stroll to get acquainted with the layout of the park. After all, it's one of the largest flower gardens in the world. Then your guide sets up a meeting point for later, so you also have the opportunity to discover the beautiful park for ± three hours in your own pace. Wander around and marvel at millions of the flowers. Explore the flower shows in the different pavilions and the park's windmill.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up and drop-off is offered from any address in (Greater) Amsterdam. We are very flexible with the pick-up address! Calculated from the city of Amsterdam, the pick-up time is around 9:30 am. The exact pick-up time is adjusted accordingly and is based on your preference. A few days prior to the experience we will contact you by email or WhatsApp to finalize the details regarding timings. Drop-off address doesn't have to be the same as pick-up. We have space for luggage in our vehicle so this experience can be used as transportation at the same time!Airports
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Evert van de Beekstraat 202, 1118 CP Schiphol The Netherlands
- Amsterdam Passenger Cruise Terminal and river cruise ports
- Passenger terminal amsterdam, Piet Heinkade, 1019 BR Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Passenger Terminal Amsterdam at Elbaweg, Unnamed Road, 1044 Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Amsterdam River Cruise Port, De Ruijterkade, 1011 Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Utrecht City, Voorstraat 89, 3512 AL Utrecht, Netherlands
- Haarlem Centrum, Centrum, 2011 DA Haarlem, Netherlands
- Provincialeweg 302, 1506 MJ Zaandam, Netherlands
- Amstelveen Centrum, Amstelveen, Groenelaan, 1186 AA Amstelveen, Netherlands
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Evert van de Beekstraat 202, 1118 CP Schiphol, Netherlands
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Your TripAdvisor/Viator booking confirmation is your tour confirmation. In the week prior to your full day experience you will be contacted by WhatsApp or email to finalise the details (preferences, pick-up, timings, etc.).
- 2021 Max group size is 6 travelers, provided they form one household. In case of two households, the max group size is four travelers
- Pick-up and drop-off in (Greater) Amsterdam, including Schiphol Airport, Amstelveen, Diemen, Haarlem, Weesp, Naarden, Zaandam, Purmerend - we are very flexible with pick-up & drop-off
- Complimentary use of wheelchair in Keukenhof
- Complimentary use of infant / child car seat(s)
- This experience is customized to your preferences and interests
- Follow us on instagram to see our small organization and DM if you have questions!
- 2020 Winner Netherlands Prestige Awards: 'Tour Operator of the Year'
- From 2022 this experience is available again as small public group tour departing from Amsterdam (2021 only private experiences)
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We adhere to local and national regulations regarding coronavirus.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.