Private Experience to Giethoorn and Kayaking in a National Park!
Travel to the province of Overijssel (home to Giethoorn and National Park Weerribben Wieden) with a multiple award-winning touroperator. Start your full day private experience for max 6 travelers comfortable as your guide picks you up from any address in the region.
The first stop is Giethoorn, or 'Venice of the North'. Giethoorn is unique in its own way and famous around the world. The canals were dug to transport peat, when peat mining was still a lucrative business in the Netherlands. Upon arrival, embark on your own private whisper boat and enjoy a guided tour of the village following the canal route. Or leave your guide 'ashore' and steer the boat yourself! Up to you!
Next is the off-the-beaten path kayak experience in the nature reserve. Upon arrival, get comfortable in the kayak and follow your guide through the beautiful nature reserve that is not even known among many Dutchies. You decide for how long you want to kayak! Be surprised by the beauty of Dutch nature!
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private, comfortable and air-conditioned transportation
- Pick-up and drop off anywhere in the region
- Private guided tour through the nature reserve
- Use of kayak / canoe (your preference)
- 1hr private guided tour of Giethoorn by private whisper boat
- Private guide for 8 to 9 hours
- This off-the-beaten path experience is customized to your preferences and interests
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly -works also with hearing aid
What's excluded :
- Guide gratuity (up to you!)
Set off on a full day experience with a multiple award-winning tour operator. Explore a Dutch national park by kayak and visit Giethoorn for a private boat tour; the village that has no roads. Perfect as a private day tour with your own family or group of friends!
Enjoyment starts already on the way when you watch the dutch landscape pass by while your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands.
With over 24,000 acres, National Park Weerribben Wieden is the largest contiguous low peat bog area in North-West Europe. A labyrinth of ponds, lakes, ditches, mysterious-looking swamp forests, vast reed plots and flowery meadows; a nursing room for special plant and animal species. At the national park the kayaks are ready to be taken out. Your guide leads the ‘way’: a beautiful route through the reserve. But you decide how long the kayak route is!
The transfer to Giethoorn takes about 20 min. Upon arrival, embark on your private whisper boat and have your guide show you the most beautiful farmhouses. After the boat tour you have some personal time for your own explorations before making the transfer to your drop-off address.
• De Weerribben National Park, The Netherlands
• Giethoorn Molenweg, Molenweg 14, 8355 AT Giethoorn, Netherlands
• Flevoland Province, Flevoland Province
• Amsterdam, Amsterdam, North Holland Province
• De Weerribben National Park, The Netherlands
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any address in the (Greater) Amsterdam region. The pick-up time is around 9:30 am. The exact time depends on your location and preference and is adjusted accordingly. The exact pick-up time is communicated in the week prior to the experience, when we contact you to go over the details of the tour. Drop-off address doesn't have to be the same as pick-up. We have space for luggage in our vehicle so this experience can be used as transportation at the same time (e.g. pick-up hotel, drop-off at the airport). Airports
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Evert van de Beekstraat 202, 1118 CP Schiphol The Netherlands
- All river cruises ports and ocean cruise terminal in Amsterdam, Zaandam.
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Evert van de Beekstraat 202, 1118 CP Schiphol, Netherlands
- Passenger terminal amsterdam, Piet Heinkade, 1019 BR Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Almere Haven, De Steiger 74, 1351 AE Almere, Netherlands
- Haarlem Centrum, Centrum, 2011 DA Haarlem, Netherlands
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Your TripAdvisor/Viator booking confirmation is your tour confirmation. In the week prior you are be contacted by WhatsApp, SMS or email to finalise the details (preferences, pick-up, timings, etc.). You don't have to do anything.
- Pick-up and drop-off in (Greater) Amsterdam, including Schiphol Airport, Amstelveen, Diemen, Haarlem, Weesp, Naarden, Zaandam, Purmerend, Amstelveen.
- Pick-up address doesn't have to be the same and there's space for luggage. This experience can therefore be used as transportation at the same time (e.g. pick-up in Amsterdam, drop-off at Schiphol airport)
- This experience is great with children as they can share a kayak with their parent/guardian.
- Both parts of this experience (Kayak Tour & Giethoorn Visit) are also offered as separate private (and public) experiences.
- This experience is customized to your interests and preferences (e.g. timings, topics discussed etc)
- 2020 Winner Netherlands Prestige Awards by CorpLiveWire: 'Tour Operator of the Year'
- 2021 Winner Travel and Tourism Awards by LUX Life Magazine: 'Best Sustainable Travel Experiences - Netherlands'
- Most travelers can participate
- You can choose between a kayak (1p or 2p) or canoe (2p or 3p)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We take the corona virus very seriously. We adhere to local and national regulations regarding the virus that apply at the time of the experience. All travelers must provide proof of vaccination or of a negative PCR test that is not older than 72 hours. All our guides have been vaccinated.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.