Private Flint Knapping
Flint knapping is a rare skill that takes years to learn and perfect. People in the Stone Age were highly skilled and experienced and produced magnificent tools and weapons.
Flint is actually “silex” stone and has a rare characteristic; it is predictible how and where it will break when hit with a stone, or antler.
An experienced instructor will help you to make your own arrowhead or stone-age knife. We give you a basic introduction into silex- and flintknapping techniques.
per adult from
What's included :
- Instructive Materials
- Flint knife with leather handle for each participant to take along
What's excluded :
Flint knapping is a rare skill that takes years to learn and perfect. An experienced instructor
will take you through the basics. Learn to make your own arrowhead or stone-age knife.
We give you a basic introduction into silex- and flintknapping techniques.
Departure Point :B-Active Center Ulvik, Tyssevikvegen 31, 5730 Ulvik, Norway
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.