Private Full-Day Aqaba Shore Excursion to Petra and Little Petra
Discover the rock-cut architecture of the ancient Nabateans on a private shore excursion from Aqaba to Petra and Little Petra that includes a guided tour of the site. Meet you at the cruise boarding point at Aqaba Port. Traveling between Aqaba and Petra in a private leisure air-conditioned vehicle with your own English – Speaking Driver who doubles up as your guide is ideal for exploring Petra's UNESCO Heritage listed wonder Nabatean Red Rose City. You will have the flexibility to take in Petra at your own pace, without being rushed by a crowded group tour since this is a private tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Aqaba port pick-up and drop -off
- Private Transfer by air-conditioned leisure new vehicle according number of participants
- English Speaking Driver
- One day entrance fees to Petra; if option Jordan Pass not selected
- Horse ride before the “Siq”
- Local English-Speaking Guide for the classic visit of Petra
- On board WI-FI
- This is a private tour activity. Only your group will participate
- Entry/Admission - Siq
- Entry/Admission - Al-Khazneh
What's excluded :
- All type of meals, unless option with lunch selected (Vegetarian meal by request)
- All type of beverages
- All type of gratuities (Tips to the Driver, Guide, and Horse Boy) – Recommended
- Personal Expenses
- Anything else not mentioned
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Petra - Wadi Musa 77110 Jordan
You will leave the hotel early in the morning to drive with your informative English-Speaking Driver to the Nabatean Red Rose City of Petra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, for a classic visit. As you travel, gaze at the desert landscapes and hear tales of Jordan’s history.
Stop At: Siq, Petra - Wadi Musa Jordan
Hewn into a sandstone valley carved by the Nabataean people some 2,000 years ago, this ancient rose-red rock city located 125 kilometers. Transfer from Aqaba Port cruise boarding to Petra at the crossroads of age-old trading routes, to dominate ancient Arabia. Continue to Petra main site to learn more about its magnificent history. On arrival, leave your vehicle, and enjoy a 2-hour tour of this UNESCO Heritage listed wonder with a local guide. First, walk or ride a horse(remove) through the famous “Siq”, a narrow path of 1.2 kilometers; rock fissure that was once the main entrance to the city, and marvel at your first glimpse of the hauntingly beautiful Treasury “El - Khazneh”
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Al-Khazneh, Petra - Wadi Musa Jordan
as the canyon suddenly opens up. Admire this rose-pink masterpiece, originally built to house priceless treasures and capture it on camera. Then, proceed through the widening canyon to witness other monuments such as the 3,000-seater Theater, the Royal Tombs, and the Byzantine Church. As you explore, listen as your guide describes how the Nabateans sculpted the buildings, and learn how they mastered the harsh desert conditions to make their lives here.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: High Place of Sacrifice, Petra - Wadi Musa Jordan
After around two hours of exploring, enjoy free time, and lunch on your own expense. If time permits you can climb up the Monastery on your own or the High Place of Sacrifice: a clifftop altar that was once used for animal sacrifices and other ceremonies. Return to Petra’s entrance and rejoin your private vehicle and driver. Pass by Little Petra, a small rocky valley with carvings, that archaeologists believe acted as the Nabatean’s caravan before heading to the main city and as an accommodation stop for the traders who traveled through the city.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Aqaba, Aqaba, Al Aqabah Governorate
Then, journey back to Aqaba port to board your cruise, where your day trip ends with a hotel drop off.
Please wear comfortable shoes and bring a sunhat for this unforgettable adventure. Come and explore one of the world’s wonders of architectural engineering combined with the ingenuity of carving for an unforgettable adventure just like that of Indiana Jones!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
After disembarking from the ship, the assembly meeting point at the pier. The representative will be holding a sign with the lead traveler name.Ports
- Aqaba Port, Aqaba, Jordan
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Order of visits may change for day tours with more than one visit as long as all sites completed.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- For Jordan Pass holders that purchased tour activity with entrance fees, please inform us to reimburse the entrance fees in destination.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- For clients with mobility issues please contact us – for Golf Cart services at Petra please contact us
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- These measurements will be updated accordance with the Health Ministry regulations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.