Private Full-Day Canadian WW1 Vimy and Somme Battlefield Tour from Bruges
Stand in the tunnels where Canadian troops stood before the assault on Vimy Ridge and visit the Canadian and German trenches. You will see the scattered landscape of the Newfoundland Memorial Park in Beaumont Hamel. Thiepval Memorial, Courcelette Canadian Memorial will also be visited.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Thiepval Memorial
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canadian National Vimy Memorial, Chemin des Canadiens Route D55, 62580 Givenchy-en-Gohelle France
Stand near the Memorial on Hill 145, go to the newly build visitor centre. You will go down in the tunnels where Canadian troops stood hours before the assault on 9 April 1917. Walk in the German and Canadian trenches.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Courcelette Canadian Memorial, Nord Route Nationale, 80300 Courcelette France
You will stand neat the Canadian Memorial on the battlefield where they fought at the fall of 1916.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Lochnagar Crater, Route de la Grande Mine, 80300 Ovillers-la-Boisselle France
See the huge crater cretad by an underground explosion on 1 July 1916.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Thiepval Memorial, Rue de L'Ancre, 80300 Authuille France
See the Largest memorial built by the CWGC it is bearing the names of 72 000 soldiers who have no known grave and have a look at the visitor Centre.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, Rue de l'Eglise, 80300 Beaumont-Hamel France
Stand near the Caribu and walk on the preserved battlefields where New Foundlanders were slaughtered the 1st July 1916. Walk along Danger Tree, Y Ravine and the Memorial dedicated to the 51st Highland Division.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up also possible from other hotels in Bruges
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum two adults per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehicles are cleaned and sanitized after every tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.